Need some advice/recommendations

Ellerysia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I just joined SecondLife a couple days ago, and the first thing I did was try to fiddle around with the avatar. I found out very quickly about the lack of items I had in my inventory.

I consider myself a member of the furry community, so if possible I’d love to be able to change my character to look like one. I looked around in the marketplace and found a lot of looks that I enjoyed, but I’m mostly confused on what exactly it is I need to do.

Apprently I need to buy the... mesh(?) for the body, then a texture to go put on top of it, I think. I wanted to make a feline avatar. It’d be awesome to texture it myself (if that’s an option at all).

I’m really just seeking some pointers in the right direction. What exactly am I looking for? Is there a simpler way to find it? I browsed a little bit, and I’ve found that I liked the combination of the... I think it’s the “Kemono body” and the “paws feline head” which I don’t think comes with the ears. I looked by typing those things in, and I found the feline head but I’m lost still on the kemono body... or even if I need to by a tail/pair of ears.

Any tips are greatly appreciated ^^

Furry avatars come in both prim and mesh. Whatever you get will cover your default SL avatar. If you want a feline avatar, consider searching different cat family types (puma, lion, etc.) - feral vs. “anthro”. Not everyone wants a “kemono” body who is furry.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.