So I decided I would try and make some lipstick for catwa.  I got the dev kit and followed the directions and did everything in Photoshop, but once i finished in Photoshop and uploaded it to SL the lipstick did not look real, it looked fake. I'm not sure what step i missed hopefully someone can help me out.

.Snapshot_053.thumb.png.e62ecf73cc9e276a6bcccc8a09410c27.pngSnapshot_055.thumb.png.89cd28d16649162107ef7c187dbb3a39.pngSnapshot_056.thumb.png.ccbd9c86e43fc54c6e34cc8fa0306820.png

What are those white bits on / below the the lower lip - piercings of yours? Or leftovers of the UV map grid guide thingy?

Perhaps you can get more desirable results when you play with the transparency of the lip layer in Photoshop, softening the edges, less heavy highlighting ...

Thanks Lillith, I did try the transparency in Photoshop and softened the edges as well, but I still don't have the look i'm looking for yet. Not sure what i'm missing?

Have you tried playing with the blend option in Catwa's Hud? You can set the transparency of a lipstick there so it blends with the natural lips underneath.

FqfFtjW.png

Not all lipsticks are meant to be used with the blend option all the way at the bottom :3

Edited by Syn Anatine