Paybal Balance

CanisMercy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So recently, like the fully functioning and responsible adult that I am, I lost my debit card at a buddy's house.
This isn't an issue for me as I often keep spare cash and have a Paypal.
Now, my paypal isn't linked to my card or bank and I normally use my Paypal balance and it's worked fine for other online purchases, however every time I try to link my Paypal to buy lindens it prompts me to enter a card. Is it not possible to pay via Paypal balance or am I missing something?

2 answers to this question

Yes it is.  However, your PayPal account has to be verified by PayPal before Linden Lab will accept it as a method of payment. It sounds like the PayPal account is no longer verified because the card you used for it no longer exists. So, you may have PayPal verify the account with a credit card or with a bank account.  Once that's done, Linden Lab won't care how you actually put money into the PayPal balance (and they can't even find out, as far as I know), but the account will have met their requirements again.

• Like 1

If you choose to tie a bank account to your PayPal account to verify it, then you'll need to manually transfer money from the bank account into PayPal before you try to use the PayPal to buy L$.  This is because the bank transfer sometimes takes a day or so and LL will not wait for that, thus the purchase would end up failing.

If you verify the PayPal via credit card, then buying L$ would be an instant charge and LL does accept that and thus the PayPal does not need to be pre-funded in those cases.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.