Offsetting search listing fees for group owned land

Victor Maven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, quick question.

So, I run a small little shop and it's on group owned land (I own the group) and I wish to set the land where the shop is to search. I understand that the fee for listing group owned land in search is split evenly among the group members, or at least that's what the info I found said. Is there a way to offset that? Perhaps some way to automate paying the group members the amount that would be their share of the search fee each week so they are not at a loss for being in the group or something of the like.

I just don't want the avis in the group to have to pay for me listing my shop in search because doing that just ain't right ya know? It is set to a different group than the shop's update group so the ones in the land group are just myself and friends so they have full rights on the land but still, would rather them not be out any L$ due to my shop being listed in search. Anyone know a fix or workaround to that would work in this situation?

There is an option among the member roles abilities which will help you: Accounting > Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends.

Check your roles setup and make sure that said option is only activated for the group owner role. Ideally, only you / your alt(s) have that role and all your friends are in a separate role to receive their rights.

• Like 1

There's a reason some older sources may have conflicting information. If you can see this jira from 2007, you'll find that the default was to have the Everybody role include that ability up until 2012 -- even though it was a longstanding problem even before Group "Abilities" existed.

• Like 1

That would explain it. It does seem a lot of the guides and info out there is older at this point. Honestly it's making me think I should write up a post with all the info I've found during this little endeavor of getting moved to the mainland using group owned land for a shop and all that. Those little details matter when you want everything to run smoothly. Been on SL since '04 (That first avi is long gone though) and, man, sooooo many things have changed over the years!

From what I've gather search does tend to be the most used for those trying to find places, especially shops. Thus making it a more viable option for the long term. Plus the slightly cheaper cost does have it's advantages when the land is likely to be there for years, least that's the plan anyways. Unless I'm missing any advantages that the classifieds section hold which the normal search lacks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.