Lack of support

Sharie Criss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm not sure why this thread is still active to be honest. If the OP will post sim statistics we might be able to make some useful guesses, or better if we had region names where we could see what's happening in the field. Otherwise I'm gonna just assume this is b!tchin' for b!chin' sake, which is a fine entertainment for all, for about a page of posts, after which my ridicule itch kicks in.

I think OP’s are in general afraid to post any detail in fear they will be told “it’s your network”, “it’s your PC”, etc. It is sad, because YOU all are very helpful!

• Thanks 1

Watching the comments and bland statements in the previous posts prompts me to say something.  For the past month or so my Main Server Homestead has suddenly struggled to run scripts.  % script run has fallen from better than 99% to 55-60%, despite the server apparently having ample spare time (>18.00 ms @45FPS).  None of the region stats looked odd to my untrained eye, other than the script-run %.

Two restarts, one by me and one by LL have failed to improve the situation, and "Dottie Linden" visited the region and found the situation as I described it.  No new scripted objects had been added to the region so I am clueless as to why it is happening (as, it seems, are Linden Lab).  So there ARE some issues internal to Linden Lab's network and hard/software but we seem no nearer to a solution than we were at the start of February.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ayesha Askham said:

Watching the comments and bland statements in the previous posts prompts me to say something.  For the past month or so my Main Server Homestead has suddenly struggled to run scripts.  % script run has fallen from better than 99% to 55-60%, despite the server apparently having ample spare time (>18.00 ms @45FPS).  None of the region stats looked odd to my untrained eye, other than the script-run %.

Two restarts, one by me and one by LL have failed to improve the situation, and "Dottie Linden" visited the region and found the situation as I described it.  No new scripted objects had been added to the region so I am clueless as to why it is happening (as, it seems, are Linden Lab).  So there ARE some issues internal to Linden Lab's network and hard/software but we seem no nearer to a solution than we were at the start of February.

It would be interesting to know if any of the things suggested were tried. I won’t bore you with the bland details.

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It would be interesting to know if any of the things suggested were tried. I won’t bore you with the bland details.

I'm not sure which suggestions you mean, but I tried pretty much everything I know to eliminate any user-side candidate malfunctions.  That a Linden also saw the issue and has passed it on to the LL developers for consideration would tend to suggest it is a real and not perceived issue to me.  As to your interpretation of my comment about "Bland Statements" I will not be drawn into a flame war.  Some people are far to ready to shoot from the hip. 

23 minutes ago, Ayesha Askham said:

I'm not sure which suggestions you mean, but I tried pretty much everything I know to eliminate any user-side candidate malfunctions.  That a Linden also saw the issue and has passed it on to the LL developers for consideration would tend to suggest it is a real and not perceived issue to me.  As to your interpretation of my comment about "Bland Statements" I will not be drawn into a flame war.  Some people are far to ready to shoot from the hip. 

Sorry, I thought you were stating that all serious suggestions in this thread were “bland”.  I thought you were being rude and unappreciative. My apologies. I am nothing, if not irreverent.

Anyway, I can’t promise it was in THIS thread, but I saw some suggestions for server-side performance issues:

1) Have Lindens (or perhaps a user with technical knowledge) check that your sim is not being hosted on a server that is hosting a “busy” sim (such as a club).

2) You can Request that the Lindens move your Homestead sim to a different server. You did not state in your post about a Linden helping, if this was already tried or not.

The above is about the best I can reconstruct my memory of what seemed to be related to “server-side” suggestions.

C94BB5C8-94CE-4B8E-A680-78EF4C746623.jpeg

As to changing server to an RC no thanks been there, done that , got the timewarp T-shirt!

No, the region is not sharing a server with a busy club....it has in the past and I know the symptoms well, time-dilation spikes etc.

When LL wake up this week maybe I'll have them try another restart.  As you may have noticed, there's more tumbleweed blowing around than usual, all the devs must be on holiday.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ayesha Askham said:

As to changing server to an RC no thanks been there, done that , got the timewarp T-shirt!

No, the region is not sharing a server with a busy club....it has in the past and I know the symptoms well, time-dilation spikes etc.

When LL wake up this week maybe I'll have them try another restart.  As you may have noticed, there's more tumbleweed blowing around than usual, all the devs must be on holiday.

I did not intend (someone else’s) suggestion was changing to an RC server - just any other server than the one you are currently on, EVEN if the server you are on is not busy. Those were 2 SEPARATE unrelated suggestions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.