How to use clothes with new mesh body

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have now a great mesh body but also a lot of clothes which I still love from using regular Sl body. I think I ask this question before but cant find answer. so apology if repeating. How can I use my favorite bikini and things with my new mesh body? I think an omega applier? But I cant figure out how to do this. Is there maybe a video or a step by step guide that says hey, take this applier, wear it like a HUD? then what drop my things onto it? I don't think thats correct. But I do not know. maybe its another system thats easy? I have belleza body for female and adam body for male avatar. 

Also cant figure out how to use skins when my head is not belleza. I have lots and lots of lovely skins. same situation. how to use these with some kind of applier so I can have same skin for head and body and feet? feet and hands are slink. Even when I buy a skin says work for belleza then it no works for my head and hands and feet!

Thank you for help. Seems I should have figured this out by now but it just goes over my head. I think maybe Im just missing one step.

You can often wear your old mesh clothes with a mesh body, with a little work adjusting your shape. However, system clothes (painted-on things like underwear and, I guess, your bikini) can't be worn on a mesh body.

The equivalent thing for a mesh body is an applier, and sometimes system clothes are often packaged together with appliers for mesh bodies, so you could look in your bikini package, and there might be either an Omega applier or a Belleza applier there too. If it's an Omega applier, then you will need to buy the Omega installer for Belleza, available at the marketplace or inworld (where it's cheaper if you join the group). Once you have Omega installed in your Belleza body, you can then use Omega appliers.

To wear a skin on a mesh body and system head, you need to get a skin package that includes both a system skin and a suitable applier (Omega or both Belleza and Slink). For an Omega applier, you would have to have Omega installed in both your Belleza body and Slink limbs.

• Like 1

Just got the answer to my question with regard to anything that was "system". If I do not own the textures used to make the clothes then I cant use the clothes in an applier.  And thank you Angeocoo for your response as well. I have been able to wear some of my fav mesh items with a little tweaking. But was really hoping not to lose all my lingerie. Sounds like Im out of luck!

IDk why this was so hard for me to wrap my head around. I should have made the connection! DOH. Thank you Angeoco!

• Like 1

Unfortunately all of us who have gone to a mesh body, have run into this issue.  As the above post says there are some things which can be salvaged with regards to clothing when it comes to mesh clothing, but not all will work even with messing with body part sizes etc.  as for system clothing, unless the maker of the clothing offers appliers for your body then you are just plain out of luck with that.  You can always go back to the store where you got it and see if appliers are now available as some clothing creators are making appliers for their most popular system clothing, especially the gown makers.   Might be worth checking.

As for skins and mesh bodies..  any skin that has appliers for mesh bodies will work for you if you are still using the original non mesh head.   But if you are now using a mesh head as well then you have to search for skins that have also appliers not only for the body but also for the particular mesh head you use in order to get a good match.  I use Maitreya Body and Catwa bento mesh head...  fortunately for me, my preferred skin maker does offer the whole package (Dream Ink) for a variety of skins.  

The bottom line here is, that we just have to try demos,  and do a lot of research to find something that works for us.  There is NO easy solution.  And there is no way you can make appliers without the original texture files which most creators do not supply or give out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.