Region Ban AND being Ignored - I'm losing patience

PixieAlice Lionheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So a few months ago as I was looking to TP to a store I found I was region banned, I don't cause problems so this was EXTREMELY confusing to me and I was told it may have something to do with rolling restarts and to wait until those happened. Well days go by and I'm finding that this certain region ban just so happens to be owned by someone whom most people buy their lands from, meaning I'm banned from MOST of my favorite stores. I wait a week and then another and after a while I decide to contact the region owner. At this point in time I've found that not only me, but 3 other of my friends AND 1 person I am connected with but not friends with have also ALL been banned from the same regions. None of this have ever created trouble, or were we ever given a reason for the ban, not to mention I had JUST become friends with the 3 ONE WEEK prior to being banned. 

So I contact the Region owner as the spokes person for all of us,  first through IM and don't hear a response so contact again through notecard. The Region owner contacts me back telling me she'd "Look into it" and would get back with me. A week goes by then 2, and she has yet to contact me, so I sent her ANOTHER Notecard and wait. AND AGAIN she doesn't contact me. By this time I've already started to contact the store owners individually so they can get me unbanned from their stores and I decide this is the way to go and just leave it alone. 

Well today I've officially had it. I tried to TP into a store that I had been unbanned from and low and behold I was banned one again. There as been NO reason for it and its ONCE AGAIN a region ban. I'm not willing to let this go at this time and need solid answers as to how to handle this situation. I have only bought land from this region owner 1 time over a year ago and had no prior issues. I let the land go and haven't used them since. I've never caused problems on any sims they owned and never got a reason for why I'm banned. This is becoming ridiculous. 

• Sad 1

8 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, PixieAlice Lionheart said:

This is becoming ridiculous. 

Yes, but as Love said, a landowner has an unquestionable right to ban or eject anyone from the land, without explanation or without even any reason.  Take a good look at the TOS (Sect. 3.4):

You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PixieAlice Lionheart said:

I'm not willing to let this go at this time and need solid answers as to how to handle this situation.

I hate to tell you, but you can either let it go, or continue trying to talk to the region owner.  There is nothign that LL will do, nor is there anything that anyone here on the forums can do.

You feeling or thinking that the ban is unjustified is totally not relevant here.  The owner does not even need a reason.  Yes it sucks, but that is the way it is.

• Like 3

Anyone can ban for any (or no reason). Unfortunately, LL would consider this a “resident to resident dispute” so probably would not help.

There was a long thread here on the forum recently discussing “ban lists”, where some landowners have a system that uses a shared “ban list”. So, with that type of system if you are banned from one place, you get banned from all land that uses that system.

• Like 6

@PixieAlice Lionheart Over time you'll find you occasionally do get banned for no reason. The owner or manager clicks the adjacent name in a list or misspells a name and you get zapped.

For many places things are so busy and hectic they mistake the one causing the problem. You get zapped, wrong place wrong time.

The Ban System has no place to enter why a person is banned. It is just a list of names. Many places have multiple managers with ban power. So, most will have no idea who banned you or why. So, asking why very seldom gets an answer.

Busy regions have churn in the ban list, meaning it fills up. Meaning people banned some time ago are pushed out of the list to make room for the newly banned. Once out of the list, you are 'unbanned'. It may take a month or five. But, eventually, you come off the ban list.

If you think life is fair and just, you should probably reexamine your beliefs. The world is mostly impersonal and SL especially so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If you think life is fair and just, you should probably reexamine your beliefs. The world is mostly impersonal and SL especially so.

This is why I give out free huggers!  The virtual world needs Moar Hugz!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.