The Lindens Should Put an End to Spam Cars AND Make a Policy on Driverless Vehicles on Public Roads

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

56 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

You didn't publicize where your land is so that people could come and vote besides yourself.

You realize that that poll was not meant serious? Kind of satirical way to show how easy polls are skewed?

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

You didn't publicize where your land is so that people could come and vote besides yourself.

I did though, I stood next to the poll and shouted that there is a poll about the automatic vehicles there. My bot was close enough to hear it and the poll was open for a full minute before I posted my results.

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

You realize that that poll was not meant serious? Kind of satirical way to show how easy polls are skewed?

• Haha 2

Hmm, let's see here now ... By "publicize" one can assume you mean mentioning such a poll in the forum (which only a fraction of a fraction of the user base knows exists, let alone reads), tossing it into a Group Notice (outside of groups you directly control this could be construed as spamming and still only reaches a tiny percentage of users), having it as a Pick in your Profile (congratulations, this reaches so few that your sample size may as well be one person) as well as potentially blasting it into local chat at Meetings and the like (will only be relevant to/visited by very few) - That about right, dearie?

Congratulations - the above (which pretty much ensures that you have a sample size that is absolutely meaningless), coupled with the way you tend to phrase things and your inability to accept any viewpoint that is not your own ... automatically renders your "polls" invalid.

Time to stop pretending you know what others think/want.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Yes, skewed by the poster Hintswen obviously, because he's not willing to open his poll up to the general public and publicize it normally. I am. If anything, if your thesis about "easily skewed" was correct, my poll, advertised on the forums here where a tiny bunch are for spam cars, would be skewed. But it wasn't. Because there were still enough random passers-by on the road plus my tenants in the area to come along and without prompting, express their dissent against spam cars. That's the moral of the story. It doesn't matter if polls are not perfect in SL, as they are imperfect anywhere on the Internet or indeed in general without all kinds of measures like geographical distribution and weighting.

What they show is that the beliefs of the tiny cadres on the forums have many dissenters in world. That's what matters. 

• Haha 1

That's nice - you rather missed the entire point, as usual. I'll spell it out for you though.

Ready?

Each and every poll you have ever made has been utterly irrelevant - period. You use leading questions, weighted answers and have such a small sample size for each that the results do not reflect what the general userbase thinks.

Once again: It's time to stop pretending you know/speak for what others think/want.

• Thanks 2

Every single thread and post made by Prok remind me of the nut i met in Harvard Square that screamed this poem at the top of her lungs... For 3 hours. Over and over and over...

"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"
By Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Yes, skewed by the poster Hintswen obviously, because he's not willing to open his poll up to the general public and publicize it normally. I am. If anything, if your thesis about "easily skewed" was correct, my poll, advertised on the forums here where a tiny bunch are for spam cars, would be skewed. But it wasn't. Because there were still enough random passers-by on the road plus my tenants in the area to come along and without prompting, express their dissent against spam cars. That's the moral of the story. It doesn't matter if polls are not perfect in SL, as they are imperfect anywhere on the Internet or indeed in general without all kinds of measures like geographical distribution and weighting.

What they show is that the beliefs of the tiny cadres on the forums have many dissenters in world. That's what matters. 

Excuse me? My poll was open to the general public, it was placed in the middle of my rentals office for at least 60 seconds and I shouted out that it was there. Your poll on the other hand while you have advertised it on the forums and left it open longer than mine is just as bad as mine. Based on your previous post you are claiming what both options 1 and 5 are "against" the cars, and option 6 is "for" them. I see option 5 as "for" the card and as such I bothered to drag my way over to your land and vote that way. In fact I see all options except the first as being "for" the vehicles. Make a real poll, get a good sample size then come talk. Oh wait, you can't.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.