The Lindens Should Put an End to Spam Cars AND Make a Policy on Driverless Vehicles on Public Roads

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/7/2018 at 3:47 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

BTW, the topic at hand is whether a BDSM third-party viewer called RLV and its coding should be imposed as a solution to sim crossing. This is a TERRIBLE idea in multiple ways. We've been over this. If you support it, then you are supporting coercion against others so be honest about that and don't pretend "why, some of my best friends are..."

The only torture on the mainland roads is your abrasive personality. In your defense I guess it must be difficult to remain calm when you hallucinate that technology, communism (or some derivative), & BDSM are the trifecta of evil that seeks to overtake you and the world.

I don't support violence and coercion, btw.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2018 at 3:47 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

I've also hired scripters and generally only found one of them who was "normal" -- the rest all had extremist ideologies.

http://www.mothercoders.org/

Although already victims of extremist ideologies via tech-cultism I think you should email these people before they slip into communism & BDSM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 07 March 2018 at 9:47 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

BTW, the topic at hand is whether a BDSM third-party viewer called RLV and its coding should be imposed as a solution to sim crossing. This is a TERRIBLE idea in multiple ways. We've been over this. If you support it, then you are supporting coercion against others so be honest about that and don't pretend "why, some of my best friends are..."

Actually...

I'd have thought you'd aprove of the compulsory use of Marine's viewer for everyone in SL as...

1. It looks and functions almpst exactly like the Official SL Inferiority Viewer you love so much, not a trace of "illegal viewer originated feature goodness" that you hate and...

2. The RLV support cannot be turned off in it so...

3. You could use RLV on your estate to bully, harass and terrorise your tenants even more than you do already!

Sounds perfect for you...l

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@Klytyna, no, I don't bully and harass anyone, including my tenants, unlike you, on the forums. The end.

I don't approve of any third-party viewers, regardless of their "features" as I don't think the Lindens should have ever open sourced their viewer. The end.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2018 at 8:14 AM, Callum Meriman said:

In SL Viewer.

I'm not seeing anything in these notes that relates to roads or sim seams. Nor should there be, on the latter, because they work *good enough*.

I'm glad they are putting the number of items in the folder to be trashed, however, because that is key to preventing THEIR BUG THAT DOES THAT.

Ah yes, the usual tactic when someone calls that one out on their actions... Denial, denial and more denial. 

Fail to dance to their tune and prepare for a hurricane of borderline abusive drivel in response - at least while on the forum or within chat/IM. The real abuse starts elsewhere, where Linden Lab cannot act directly on it. 

• Like 2

LOL.

I do have to admire Prokofy in some ways. I left SL for about 4 years+, came back .. and the rants continue, just the same as they ever did. It's like nothing changed at all in Prokofy world. There's something admirably dependable about Ol' Prokofy Rants.

On the other hand. I use those annoying pods (and SLRR tracks and trains) quite often. I've seen one stuck SLRR train, but it's stuck on it's own track, not annoying anyone as far as I can see. I've never seen the yavascript pods stuck as P suggests, and I've spent hours on them. (If I know I'm going to be stuck in IM's for a while, it's nice to have the scenery roll past while I type).

Also .. if you spend enough time exploring them, you do develop a feel for how much of SL is laid out. Landmarks become familiar. The whole world seems to shrink a little. Fairly often you can TP to a shop and think "Oh I know where this is". I don't think I'd have got that knowledge of the land without the pods and trains.

Once again Prokofy, you're welcome to your long posts, extreme views and polarised opinions. I'm glad you have them. Keep doing it! (But it doesn't mean you're always right).

6 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

I actually just used one of the pods yesterday. I was looking around the grid and got a little confused by some linden owned land/builds I Was seeing. When I saw a pod come back I hopped on and it gave me some information about the place clearing some of my confusion.

That's one of the things I enjoy about riding on the pods - the little bits of information it provides about various places as you go by them.  I haven't ridden the pods recently.  I should make a point to do that soon. 

On 3/3/2018 at 6:29 PM, Hintswen Guardian said:

I've known Yavanna Llanfair for years (the user that owns and maintains the pods which tour the grid). My first land on SL was near one of her pod stations and I used her pods frequently to explore what was in the area. Thanks to her pods I found a great place by the name of "Wicked Beauty Light Shows" which quickly became one of my favorite shops in SL. I've never seen her pods get stuck anywhere or been annoyed by them unlike the other cars and buses I have seen. Even now years later I still use her pods, the last ride I took was a tour of some of the water sims which showed me a few builds I've seen before and a few I never knew existed (including one that was underwater).

Your own chat transcript shows how rude you are to people, starting a conversation with the words "Get your crap off the highways of SL" and not even saying hello. Do you really expect anyone to ever listen to a word you have to say when that is how you behave? You think the spam bots saying racist messages and pretending they are controlled by you give you a bad name but then you go and post chat transcripts showing what an ***** you are.

The first time we spoke, I sent you a message saying hi and rather than saying hi (or any words for that matter) you sent me a link to a blog post which made no sense to me and then after that you never said anything and instead just posted the chat log on your blog under the title "Clueless Gits and Good Samaritans: Responding to Griefing".

Yes, you deserved that and you're deliberately omitting the context to make yourself look good. It's not rude to tell people to get spam off highways, they're the rude ones for putting there in the first place.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/23/2018 at 1:53 PM, moirakathleen said:

That's one of the things I enjoy about riding on the pods - the little bits of information it provides about various places as you go by them.  I haven't ridden the pods recently.  I should make a point to do that soon. 

The Lindens themselves should provide this, make the scripts better and the vehicles less ugly, and have them rez only at rez zones. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Yes, you deserved that and you're deliberately omitting the context to make yourself look good. It's not rude to tell people to get spam off highways, they're the rude ones for putting there in the first place.

You want me to say the context? I was looking for some land to rent as I wanted something temporary with access to water for a bit of a boat ride and messaged you. Instead of receiving a reply that made and sense to me I received a link to a blog post that made absolutely no sense to me at the time. I have since found someone else to rent through and went sailing with a few friends and now no longer have that parcel. I'm glad you sent me such a ridiculous reply, because now I know to never rent from you.

• Like 1

No, you're not telling the truth about this context at all. You're merely part of the griefing. You were sent a link to a blog post sent to the hundreds of people IM'ing me at the time about being spammed by griefers impersonating me. If you were normal, and in good faith, you would get that and would genuinely enquire about the rental. But that's not what you were doing and you know that. I marvel how you can't see how transparent you are especially given your track record on the forums.

Since you're a landlord yourself, why the phony search for rentals? Your answer was ridiculous and the record shows that.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Haha 1

Ah yes, "The Record" ...

The one that very clearly shows just how abusive that one is, all as a matter of course.

The one that shows how that one looks for any reason whatsoever to dole out said abuse.

Abuse which Linden Lab has only recently taken any action on whatsoever.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

It's not rude to tell people to get spam off highways

Yes but there are actually some common formalities that should be followed even for a complaint. For a start, always say hello when you contact somebody, at least if you have never met or talked to them before. It's amazing how much that helps. It is also a good idea to try to explain exactly what the problem is. Do not assume the other person already knows the background or your point of view. Failing to follow these two simple steps, inevitably makes you appear rude.

Now, as for the topic of this thread, as you must understand now, the vast majority of people involved with Second Life mainland, including everybody at Linden Lab and most landowners along the Linden Roads, regard the Yava pods as an asset to Second Life, not as a problem. You are outvoted at least ten thousand to one here. Do you really think it's fair to expect everybody else to bend to your will?

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Very admirable of you ChinRey, to attempt to teach manners to Prokofy. Numerous studies have shown the mentally ill can learn manners given enough time and patience.

A bit uncalled for. As they say, play the ball not the man.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:
25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Very admirable of you ChinRey, to attempt to teach manners to Prokofy. Numerous studies have shown the mentally ill can learn manners given enough time and patience.

A bit uncalled for. As they say, play the ball not the man.

Perhaps you should go to her blog and read the 2 over the top attacks against me -- that she has not and never will apologize for.

My jab here was mild in comparison.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.