The Lindens Should Put an End to Spam Cars AND Make a Policy on Driverless Vehicles on Public Roads

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That is par for the course where that one is concerned.

Also par for the course: Profile stalking, random/nonsensical connections to irrelevant topics and reprimands (among other things) never being their fault.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Funny thing, she doesn’t seem to understand that programmers actually want to make users happy - that’s our job! And, modern project management models such as Scrum include user involvement from the beginning with “user stories” from actual users which drive every requirement and deliverable. This is exactly the opposite of “evil”. Once again, Prokofy does not understand programming.

• Like 6

I've known Yavanna Llanfair for years (the user that owns and maintains the pods which tour the grid). My first land on SL was near one of her pod stations and I used her pods frequently to explore what was in the area. Thanks to her pods I found a great place by the name of "Wicked Beauty Light Shows" which quickly became one of my favorite shops in SL. I've never seen her pods get stuck anywhere or been annoyed by them unlike the other cars and buses I have seen. Even now years later I still use her pods, the last ride I took was a tour of some of the water sims which showed me a few builds I've seen before and a few I never knew existed (including one that was underwater).

Your own chat transcript shows how rude you are to people, starting a conversation with the words "Get your crap off the highways of SL" and not even saying hello. Do you really expect anyone to ever listen to a word you have to say when that is how you behave? You think the spam bots saying racist messages and pretending they are controlled by you give you a bad name but then you go and post chat transcripts showing what an ***** you are.

The first time we spoke, I sent you a message saying hi and rather than saying hi (or any words for that matter) you sent me a link to a blog post which made no sense to me and then after that you never said anything and instead just posted the chat log on your blog under the title "Clueless Gits and Good Samaritans: Responding to Griefing".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Since the mobile accidents that were the AMTs were banished (and even then, had lots of fun driving over them in the Hetzer) I've not really been bothered by robot stuff on the roads (and thanks - even as a rider I hadn't realised the pods ran on KFM as I had stopped trying to find a use for it - might go back to that for piloted stuff)

As a bit of a coder and after 30 years where programming of all sorts was 50% of my real life work I am still a bit lost - can anyone introduce me to the activities and practioners of this horrid culture I am supposed to be part of? Feel I am missing out on something here. Is there a secret clubhouse or something? Or a tshirt?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

even as a rider I hadn't realised the pods ran on KFM as I had stopped trying to find a use for it

They don't. I asked both AnnMaire and Yavanna about it on different occasions and they were both absolutely clear that KFM is useless.

Yes, that's a good example of the impunity these spammers feel. They feel they have the backing and approval of the Lindens, and therefore no one can complain about them. Like BDSM, they try to set "rules" for "how you can talk to them" to try to control your behavior. Not playing.

I think it's also unfair that people who have Marketplace stores or any kind of store even inworld put out these driverless vehicles which then become essentially their free ad farm. Even if they technically don't put their vehicle for sale or have anything for sale as such it's still an advertisement. If I did this, people would scream.

Interestingly, the pod I saw stuck and scudding around for a long time which I mentioned has now been replaced with a branded version of the pod, i.e. someone else bought the pod then put it out for "tours".

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Like BDSM, they try to set "rules" for "how you can talk to them" to try to control your behavior. Not playing.

Prokofy, I have experienced both coders and BDSM participants to be some of the most polite and respectful people in SL. A renter was bothered by some people in chains in my park/rental area so I asked them to move away from my renter and they had no problems doing so.

I've dealt with many scripters/coders in SL, hiring many for projects, and likewise they had appropriate boundaries (well except for one scripter who got crazy with her script and made it do faaar more than in should have...but once confronted toned it down).

Anyway, is this something specific to the mainland...do the scripters and BDSM participants without boundaries settle only there?

• Like 3

On 04 March 2018 at 2:43 PM, sirhc DeSantis said:

As a bit of a coder and after 30 years where programming of all sorts was 50% of my real life work I am still a bit lost - can anyone introduce me to the activities and practioners of this horrid culture I am supposed to be part of? Feel I am missing out on something here. Is there a secret clubhouse or something? Or a tshirt?

The first rule of Coder Club is...

You don't talk about Coder Club...

• Haha 5

On 3/4/2018 at 9:43 AM, sirhc DeSantis said:

No, it is all in Prokofy’s imagination, everyone is out to get her, and therefore evil because of stuff she doesn’t like or bad users who grief/spam her.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2018 at 1:43 AM, sirhc DeSantis said:

:ph34r: The main requirements are a shrine to Whirly, and an intimate knowledge of rehoming a git repository. :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/5/2018 at 12:29 PM, Luna Bliss said:

Prokofy, I have experienced both coders and BDSM participants to be some of the most polite and respectful people in SL. A renter was bothered by some people in chains in my park/rental area so I asked them to move away from my renter and they had no problems doing so.

I've dealt with many scripters/coders in SL, hiring many for projects, and likewise they had appropriate boundaries (well except for one scripter who got crazy with her script and made it do faaar more than in should have...but once confronted toned it down).

Anyway, is this something specific to the mainland...do the scripters and BDSM participants without boundaries settle only there?

I realize you have problems condemning BDSM AND the "Benevolent Dictatorship" of coders. "Polite and respectful" = controlling of others demanding they always be this way toward their cult. And no, some people parading around with other human beings in chains do not politely do anything at all, but continue their disruptive and coercive behavior.

I've also hired scripters and generally only found one of them who was "normal" -- the rest all had extremist ideologies.

BTW, the topic at hand is whether a BDSM third-party viewer called RLV and its coding should be imposed as a solution to sim crossing. This is a TERRIBLE idea in multiple ways. We've been over this. If you support it, then you are supporting coercion against others so be honest about that and don't pretend "why, some of my best friends are..."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/4/2018 at 9:43 AM, sirhc DeSantis said:

Since the mobile accidents that were the AMTs were banished (and even then, had lots of fun driving over them in the Hetzer) I've not really been bothered by robot stuff on the roads (and thanks - even as a rider I hadn't realised the pods ran on KFM as I had stopped trying to find a use for it - might go back to that for piloted stuff)

You need to read up on this more: https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=benevolent+dictator+coding&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Here's a useful article: https://techcrunch.com/2015/11/27/software-developers-growing-elitism-problem/

Another one on scrum -- which the Lindens use https://michaelochurch.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/why-agile-and-especially-scrum-are-terrible/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/01/08/erik_meijer_agile_is_a_cancer_we_have_to_eliminate_from_the_industry/

Arrogance in tech:

https://www.recode.net/2015/10/22/11619868/the-arrogance-of-tech

https://www.wired.com/2014/02/silicon-valley-backlash/

On trans-humanism (common to find this cult among techs in SL):

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/rationally-speaking/200907/the-problems-transhumanism

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/26/the-ethics-of-transhumanism/

And so on. Fortunately, there are more and more articles of this nature

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

BTW, the topic at hand is whether a BDSM third-party viewer called RLV and its coding should be imposed as a solution to sim crossing. 

But Prok, it isn't. And honestly I don't believe it was going to be, this was just a phase in testing. Not for imposing on the grid, just a phase for testing, as it was a good way to reset the tester as he worked out what was happening.

The current iteration has no RLV, no experiences, nothing but a pause if it detects the avatar didn't arrive. It works in the Linden Viewer.

Let's put this to bed, please, because what you are talking about didn't happen. It's over.

Edited by Callum Meriman
reducing the number of words of Prok I quote to the relevant.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

BTW, the topic at hand is whether a BDSM third-party viewer called RLV and its coding should be imposed as a solution to sim crossing.

Great idea for my “rumors and conspiracy theories” thread!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Fixed “tumors” to “tumors”
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.