What is Omega?

Shaun Tremont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying out a demo pack of L'Etre skins, and there is an applier for Omega Body included with the pack, along with appliers for Belleza, Gianni, and Slink. I've looked around in market place, and did an in world search, but I can't find the Omega body anywhere. All I see is a store in Marketplace that sells appliers for various vendors. Is Omega a mesh body vendor, or something else??

Omega is not a body itself.  It is a set of scripts that try to make a universal processes work across all bodies.

Maitreya is Omega compatible with an add on relay HUD.  So is Slink.  LAQ heads are Omega ready right off the shelf and need no relay HUD or extra scripting.

Here, this is easier ..
http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-tutorials/faqaboutmeshbodiesandheads/

This is a quick introduction to mesh bodies.  Scroll down a little to find the section called What’s Omega then?

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2

Omega is a way of applying non-mesh avatar-appearance items to a mesh body and/or head in the form of layers: basic clothing, underwear, tattoos, makeup, skins etc.

You can get similar appliers that are made for specific mesh bodies and heads. Or you can use Omega appliers if your mesh body or head is Omega-compatible and you have the appropriate Omega relay kit (it translates the universal Omega applier to your specific mesh body or head) for your mesh bodyparts.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shaun Tremont said:

Ok, thanks. I'm trying out a catwa head, and trying different skins on it. It's a bit tricky to get the head to blend to my TMP body, so I'm checking out different mesh bodies. I'm just having trouble finding male bodies that aren't so muscular.

TMP is a... beast unto itself, and - given the huge sale on right now - many are suspecting that the creators will pull the plug soon and all their products will stop working (since they rely on external servers to change textures, etc). You could try the retrofit mode on the neck of your body, but it's tricky to get that to work well.

For a less muscular body, try demoing the Slink Physique body and the Absolute Creations Adam body. I use Slink and love it, since I prefer a leaner "swimmer's torso". It also fits very well with Catwa heads. While the Signature and Belleza bodies can be reduced in muscle they require some serious underlying shape adjustments to do so, and even then the results are not to my personal liking. (The Signature body, in particular, has big rounded deltoids that are difficult to reduce.) A non-muscled skin can help, but the overall shape is still going to be relatively muscular.

(For reference: I own all the bodies concerned and have been working with them for a while. I still prefer Slink, although the Signature alpha-cut HUD is superior to Slink's)

• Like 3

While their previous body skins were a bit more gym-buff, I don't think that L'Etre's "The Man" body skins aren't all that muscular compared to some, but I agree that their faces are gorgeous. This is the current body applier in buttermilk tone, together with their 'Toni' face applier (and added facial hair from CDC Creations). Body is Slink Physique and head is Catwa's Victor:

LEtreMan.thumb.jpg.b2182251769a1a5c156f80c79f8157a7.jpg

There's a light six-pack and a deep inguinal crease, but that's my personal preference anyway ;)

For a less muscled body you could try Avi-Glam (whose appliers - both head and body - have a more youthful appearance) and also Clef de Peau (who have different types of body applier, from soft to athletic, etc), but be careful with CdP and ensure that you demo, because they have several generations (two at last count, and another one on its way) of body skins and they might not all work with the CdP head appliers that you choose.

Depending on which mesh body you eventually choose, you might want to try Stray Dog skins as well, although they currently only have appliers for Signature and Belleza, as well as Omega appliers that (when I last demo'd them quite a while back) didn't work too well around the separate wrists and ankles on the Slink body, but they might work on the Adam body, which has hands and feet as part of the whole).

Of the above three I just mentioned, going by the look of your current forum avatar, I'd recommend trying Avi-Glam first of all.

ETA: Just thought of another couple that would work for your current forum look - Tableau Vivant, and Swallow.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Shaun Tremont said:

Ok, thanks. I'm trying out a catwa head, and trying different skins on it. It's a bit tricky to get the head to blend to my TMP body, so I'm checking out different mesh bodies. I'm just having trouble finding male bodies that aren't so muscular.

If you really like the TMP body - and I agree that it is gorgeous - then you could buy L'Etre appliers for the body. This should make fitting easier. (Disclaimer: Maybe L'Etre stopped selling appliers for TMP. I have not been inworld to look in the store)

As others has said, there is a possibility that TMP will stop working. You could try and save TMP bodies with the different hair versions, if the L'Etre appliers has different versions. Like, saving one body with body hair, one without.

It is always a risk that designers will quit SL, and that their products will stop working. If we go around and worry about that, we should stop buying anything at all who is no mod with scripts.

One should calculate the price and the risk. Me personally, I spent 25 000 L on the full priced TMP versions (on three avatars) and I don't cry. I have moved on to other bodyparts with better HUDs, but at the moment when I bought them, there was no better looking bodies. There is no joy in SL if I can't update my look. I consider money spent on SL the same as if I bought a Netflix movie, and then it is free to watch next year.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Omega is a way of applying non-mesh avatar-appearance items to a mesh body and/or head in the form of layers: basic clothing, underwear, tattoos, makeup, skins etc.

So, does this mean I can use an Omega applier to use my legacy custom tattoos with mesh bodies? Please say yes!

68D8C435-F914-4DA0-A6F7-AC066E4D098E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, does this mean I can use an Omega applier to use my legacy custom tattoos with mesh bodies? Please say yes!

Not directly using the old system tattoo, no. But if you have the full-perm texture of it in your inventory (or saved to your hard drive so you can re-upload it) you can use the free Omega Dev Kit to turn it into an Omega applier that can be used on mesh bodies.

Regarding the legacy system tattoo, there may yet be hope if you don't own the original file. I'm not sure of the planned logistics of it, but LL are working on a project that will allow baking of textures onto mesh. See this forum post for discussion of that.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.