XavierAtreides

Login Problems in FS? Try changing your Mode to Phoenix...

Over the last two days (2/26 and 2/27), I have been having repeated problems logging into SL using Firestorm (it basically hangs).

Today, I tried messing with the Mode setting on the login screen and found that changing it from Firestorm to Phoenix seems to work    O.o

Give it a shot!  (two other people in the other thread "Did SL just go down again?" said it worked for them, too)

X

Edited by XavierAtreides
  • Like 1

I'd be willing to bet that successfully getting logged in and staying logged in, whether via one browser vs another, or a particular setting, if really all just random chance right now.

• Like 2

I got in in phoenix mode (edit: after the previous exchange).. but brain hurts. I logged out ( I know.. horror) and then got back in first try with firestorm mode.

Edited by Nicole Portola

All logging on in phoenix mode does is changing preferences so the viewer looks as much as the Phoenix viewer did as possible. It's just coincedence that you could get online after changing it, as you found out when you crashed. We now all know the reason for the grid problems.

Have fun!

• Like 2