Any vegans around?

EmmaRosalie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good morning from Wa. State. 

RLhas finally eased up a lil' with its mad demands on my time, so I'm hoping to make some SL friends and spend a bit more time relaxing. I do generally RP as a tween/ pre-teen character in-world, but I'm not necessarily looking for RP-only friends.

Some stuff about me:

* Ethical Vegan

* Agnostic

* Loves to play outdoors

* Music fanatic 

* Pretty sure the blood running through my veins has been replaced by coffee...and demons

* Sense of humor often runs a bit dark

There's more in my in-world profile in case you're interested. I'm cool with Voice sometimes, as long as you're cool with my roommates swearing and actin' a'fool in the background, most of the time. 

Thanks for reading and have a good one. ?

-Rosa

emmarosalie.resident

Whilst not a vegan, I only eat herbivores. I'm not sure if that's close enough?

I haven't yet fully decided on whether I should put more vegan on my menu. I mean, they are herbivores but still...

Happy hunting!
Oh, wait... Well, you get what I mean.

• Like 2

I'm sort of a vegan.  I love veggies!  Especially with bacon bits and cheese. :D

* Agnostic
I'm more atheist but not religiously so.

* Loves to play outdoors
I will occasionally take a laptop out on the patio.

* Music fanatic 
Music is the music of my life!  Wait ... hmm ...
I am into rock, jazz, alternative, metal, 60's folk, etc.  Very little country or rap.  Zero disposable repetitive techno pop.  Srsly, I survived the age of disco for this?  Bleh.  It gives me a head ache.  I'll take emo-screamo over "boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants."

* Pretty sure the blood running through my veins has been replaced by coffee...and demons
Sister!  I have found you.

TooSoon.JPG.52cdc28b8836bd156074bc79ed8dcc57.JPG
Too soon?

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm sort of a vegan.  I love veggies!  Especially with bacon bits and cheese. :D

* Agnostic
I'm more atheist but not religiously so.

* Loves to play outdoors
I will occasionally take a laptop out on the patio.

* Music fanatic 
Music is the music of my life!  Wait ... hmm ...
I am into rock, jazz, alternative, metal, 60's folk, etc.  Very little country or rap.  Zero disposable repetitive techno pop.  Srsly, I survived the age of disco for this?  Bleh.  It gives me a head ache.  I'll take emo-screamo over "boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants."

Sister!  I have found you.

TooSoon.JPG.52cdc28b8836bd156074bc79ed8dcc57.JPG
Too soon?

This is why we all love Rhonda so much.

• Like 3

Yes here I am 95% of the time. Ooccasionally I eat a free range egg and don't really care if honey is in something though never would eat it otherwise. That will send any vegan purist looking for Holy water blessed by Donald Watson to wash my post with lol.  I tell people I am vegan because vegetarian is so flexible these days and I get lots of questions like do you eat (insert animal product here). Nah, just plants and it keeps me in good health.

Edited by chardonay Babii
  • Like 1

* Ethical Omnivore

* Theist

* Loves to play outdoors

* Music fanatic 

* Drinks coffee

* Makes art that sometimes runs a bit dark

* Waves from across the room,but doesn't bother to get up

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

While I still eat meat, I've given up eating baby animals.  I am in the "ethical quandry" stage of figuring things out. I REALLY love hamburgers. This has been impossible to defeat.  And bacon because it's really candy. 

I tend to eat (mostly) plant based for breakfast and lunches. Overall making better choices since last year. It's a process.

Life isn't worth anything without great coffee.

I like to play indoors. I am not one with nature. I love it, it does not love me. And yet, I still garden. Having bunches of fresh roses all summer long is worth it.

Atheist. 

Music, I would nearly ditto Rhonda's response.

Hello!

I'm no where near vegan or vegetarian, nor do I have desire to be.  My idea of healthy eating is to avoid most processed foods containing stuff I can't even pronounce, and to limit my carbs.  

I do not function without coffee in the morning and I can guarantee that people do not want anything to do with me before I've had at least 2 cups.  My normal daily intake is 38-40 oz, before noon.  I don't drink coffee in the afternoon.

I'm an indoor person mostly, though I do have a rose garden and do like to go wandering through the mountains sometimes.

Agnostic.

Music - I listen to music in the car and sometimes at the computer.  Other than my dance nights out (in RL), I probably wouldn't miss it if music was gone -- well, except that TV shows and movies would be weird with no music here and there.

I think I have a sense of humor.  Others say it is often lost in my sarcasm and cynicism.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Coffee seems to be the one thing that we all agree on, eh. I mean, is there anyone who doesn't acknowledge the magical powers lying in wait, inside that first cup of coffee in the morning? 

@Elora Lunasea Have you ever tried 'Beyond Meat, Beast Burger' veggie burgers? They are really good! Much better than the old school soy burgers. In fact, there are alternatives for everything, these days. Just had some vegan cheesecake made by Daiya the other day, topped with vegan whipped cream. It doesn't hafta be all salads and tofu.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

-Rosa

• Like 1

I'm more of a tea person than coffee, but I do enjoy both.

And I'm somewhere between a Norse heathen and a satanist. Well, technically I'm a satanist - but in the event of the world being created by a divine entity I vote for Odin and his brothers crafting the world out of Ymir's corpse.

8 hours ago, EmmaRosalie said:

Coffee seems to be the one thing that we all agree on, eh. I mean, is there anyone who doesn't acknowledge the magical powers lying in wait, inside that first cup of coffee in the morning? 

@Elora Lunasea Have you ever tried 'Beyond Meat, Beast Burger' veggie burgers? They are really good! Much better than the old school soy burgers. In fact, there are alternatives for everything, these days. Just had some vegan cheesecake made by Daiya the other day, topped with vegan whipped cream. It doesn't hafta be all salads and tofu.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

-Rosa

I haven't tried those yet. So far none of my markets sell it although I'm hoping soon.  We eat a lot of veggie burgers (partial to the ones made by Gardein - the Chipotle is fantastic)  but unfortunately, it really is not flavor and feel substitute for beef. I'm hoping the Beyond one does the trick. 

I like food in general and am always open to trying new things! 

As for coffee, look at Oren's online if not scared off by price. Single origins from Latin America and Africa are my favs and they make a great blend also. We also tried the one Rhonda mentioned somewhere here "Death Wish" which was really good but then got a second bag and the quality wasn't quite the same as the first one. Seems inconsistent quality so nixed it from our list.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.