ARE there people who sell Linden dollars,besides Linden Labs? Who?

ChristineAngelHart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

I wouldn't buy Linden except from Linden Labs, I can't imagine why anyone would want to, but then again I don't know everyone's reasons for anything. So hears a link about third party vendors and also let me warn you that there are a lot of scammers out there that want to rip you off. Just be careful please. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Buy_Linden_Dollars

• Like 1

You can buy LIndens from Virwox.com and others.Yes I 'd prefer to buy them form the Linden exchange but atm some folks like myself can't. There is a systems problem with the LInden payment servers etc etc which has been going on for months now. No one seems to really care about the folks like me who have been left penniless, are unable to buy LIndens inworld or on the SL webpage  and have had to resort to buying from 3rd party xchanges.

I would not be confident in third party vendors. We've seen too many scammers around these forums. As Wildcat and Charolotte said, it is highly recommended to buy directly from LL.

ETA: If you have billing issues with LL, see below:

Have billing issues? Give us a call.

Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Portugal: 800.814.450
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only
  • Like 1

There are several approved Exchanges that you can use instead of Lindex http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/L$_Marketplace

They are particularly popular with residents outside of the US because not only do they accept payment by Paypal, but they also deal in currencies other than $US. So your money does not have to go through the additional step of being converted into $US when you buy or sell Lindens.

Note that these exchanges are not run by LL but if you do experience any problems with any of them you can let LL know and they will be removed from the approved list.

Welcome to the Second Life forums, ChristineAngel.

Please take notice of the majority of posters in this thread, and only ever buy your Linden dollars from Linden Labs themselves, or from one of the approved sellers.

Occasionally you might see someone advertising Linden dollars through this forum, other forums, other websites, in group chat. NEVER EVER BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE - they will be scammers.

Also, many of them quote rates in major currencies other than US$, which is sometimes advantageous to people who otherwise get hit for two sets of transaction charges (buying USD from PayPal or their credit/debit card company and then, immediately, another set when they sell the US$ to LL for L$, rather than simply buying L$ direct for Euros or Stirling or whatever) and it certainly makes it easier to see what it's costing you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.