Jump to content

Unable To Log In World


JoJo Aurelia
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

All day I've had one issue after another. I suddenly couldn't log in. I eventually even reinstalled Firestorm. To no avail. I turned my computer off, back on, and I got in. BUT as soon as I logged out, the same behavior. Now I can't get in AT all. I rebooted. I tried resetting my router. I tried SL viewer. THEN I was unable to log onto their actual website! Why would I not be able to log into the website or the server??? There's nothing reported on their status page. I tried getting help (prem member).

I finally after trying for hours got to their website. Nope, no one there to help in chat. No one answered my in live chat and NO one send me an email when I tried writing a ticket. I closed the ticket when I got in the one time, now I regret it because I can't get back. It took me 30 mins to get to this forum. Am I suddenly BANNED?? Is this what it looks like?? HELP. I have a store and I can't help customers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There have been multiple instances of issues with logins this afternoon.  I think, right now, people are starting to be able to log in again.  There is some delay between when an issue is first noticed, and when their status page gets updated. Also, when it is back up again, everyone trying to all log back in at the same time can also cause some bottlenecks in the process, I think. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Faye Feldragonne said:

All day I've had one issue after another. I suddenly couldn't log in. I eventually even reinstalled Firestorm. To no avail. I turned my computer off, back on, and I got in. BUT as soon as I logged out, the same behavior. Now I can't get in AT all. I rebooted. I tried resetting my router. I tried SL viewer. THEN I was unable to log onto their actual website! Why would I not be able to log into the website or the server??? There's nothing reported on their status page. I tried getting help (prem member).

I finally after trying for hours got to their website. Nope, no one there to help in chat. No one answered my in live chat and NO one send me an email when I tried writing a ticket. I closed the ticket when I got in the one time, now I regret it because I can't get back. It took me 30 mins to get to this forum. Am I suddenly BANNED?? Is this what it looks like?? HELP. I have a store and I can't help customers.

Don't worry, it's just SL banning itself. Keep an eye on the grid status blog.

Despite, the Lab insists it's a problem with logins, it's much more than that (issues in their network system?) as the lag is horrible, at times. It's on times like these that I wonder where did go all those millions they recently said they are investing in SL.

The GSP says they are still "investigating", and maybe those "investigators" need to be investigated too. :P

Edited by MBeatrix
typo correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have posted this elsewhere in these forums but here is as good a place as any.

SL's central server cluster has failed.  This is NOT a viewer-related issue, though FS suffers more than LL in that the viewer needs to access the FS blog server to get its start-up splash and that server is being swamped by folk desperately trying to log in.

This is NOT a Login server failure either, although LL appear to be in denial about this.

1) The current technical support at LL simply does NOT have the knowledge or understanding of SL to repair this failure.

2) LL have steadfastly refused to spend money, much needed money, on the SL infrastructure.  It has finally broken and SL is dying.  This is what heart-failure looks like.

 

By the way I have been an thoroughly addicted SL user for nearly 10 years now and this pains me more than I can adequately state

Edited by Aishagain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MBeatrix said:

Yesterday there was no status at all. Now I see one.

 

Don't worry, it's just SL banning itself. Keep an eye on the grid status blog.

Despite, the Lab insists it's a problem with logins, it's much more than that (issues in their network system?) as the lag is horrible, at times. It's on times like these that I wonder where did go all those millions they recently said they are investing in SL.

The GSP says they are still "investigating", and maybe those "investigators" need to be investigated too. :P

 

I tried the links from LamyaeNeferati and got this: 

Forbidden

Your request is being denied because it lacks the permissions needed to make it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

I have posted this elsewhere in these forums but here is as good a place as any.

SL's central server cluster has failed.  This is NOT a viewer-related issue, though FS suffers more than LL in that the viewer needs to access the FS blog server to get its start-up splash and that server is being swamped by folk desperately trying to log in.

This is NOT a Login server failure either, although LL appear to be in denial about this.

1) The current technical support at LL simply does NOT have the knowledge or understanding of SL to repair this failure.

2) LL have steadfastly refused to spend money, much needed money, on the SL infrastructure.  It has finally broken and SL is dying.  This is what heart-failure looks like.

 

By the way I have been an thoroughly addicted SL user for nearly 10 years now and this pains me more than I can adequately state

Do you know how many times in the past decade people have claimed damn near this exact same thing?  Yet SL is still here and LL always manages to get things running again, even if it takes a while.  Hell, these past couple of days have been super mild compared to 2007-2008.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do you know how many times in the past decade people have claimed damn near this exact same thing?  Yet SL is still here and LL always manages to get things running again, even if it takes a while.  Hell, these past couple of days have been super mild compared to 2007-2008.

Yes, I remember most of them and these crashes ARE different.  2007-8 was part of a learning curve for LL.  It is a shame they did NOT learn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

Yes, I remember most of them and these crashes ARE different.  2007-8 was part of a learning curve for LL.  It is a shame they did NOT learn.

And the latest blog post tells us that it really is a DDoS attack.  Not an LL server cluster failure.  I've never actually known LL to flat out lie about a problem.  If it is something internal, they will simply keep quite or give various ambiguous statements.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Umeko Melune said:

My biggest question is, Why on earth would anyone DDOS a virtual reality game? Is life that boring, you have to attack a game?¬¬

Banned accounts - it has happened before.

However, checking http://downdetector.com/ gives the impression that it could be an overall network DDoS attack.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Update - We’re experiencing ongoing service interruptions as a result of DDoS attacks. More details in the blog https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/2312-unscheduled-ddos. We are actively working on the issue, and will provide updates via this status page. Please contact Support if you encounter any difficulty with purchases made during this time "

From the Grid Status page... Not sure what an "unscheduled ddos" is or why they would schedule such a  thing, but hey. At least they know what it is. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mea Culpa

I was wrong and I was credulous with a contact that had an axe to grind.  I know enough to be worried but not enough to spot a shovel full of BS as it was served to me.  Sorry!

My point about the lack of inward investment into SL's infrastructure remains and is valid, but let's face it, we all know that!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Umeko Melune said:

My biggest question is, Why on earth would anyone DDOS a virtual reality game? Is life that boring, you have to attack a game?¬¬

more then likely it's an attack on LL's upstream provider,  meaning whom ever got pissed off at the upstream took all the blocks of ip's and just went to hammering them, which includes the ranges LL uses for sl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

It's happen Since April 16th 2018. It's happens on the LL's Provider Again. I have tested the SL Function on the ISP and VPN (Having 499/502 error on my Viewer Log) and It's Happen over and over Again. also. LL Should looking the DDOs Issues to The Upstream Provider. for the user that continuing using SL forever.

Edited by AnukManeewong1260
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...