You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

16 answers to this question

No, I've been in world for the past hour or so, but you may expect it to be a bit bouncy tonight.  Usually, after an incident like this, it takes a while for things to get stable again.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

No, I've been in world for the past hour or so, but you may expect it to be a bit bouncy tonight.  Usually, after an incident like this, it takes a while for things to get stable again.

Same here.  Just rezzed a mesh object and it was almost 5 minutes before it appeared.   ¬¬

Yup.  Like I said, after a big DDOS attack it takes things a while to settle down again.  :(  I just crashed too.

I'm pretty sure that's what it was.  This sort of thing happens a couple of times a year, when some clown can't think of anything better to do.

When I started the client this afternoon, I was immediately required to download an update. Strange, since I had to do the same yesterday. I closed the client, went to eat, then opened it up just now and it's downloading the second update this evening. Fingers crossed.

UPDATE: Joy! That did the trick.

Edited by Vi Paravane

18 minutes ago, Vi Paravane said:

When I started the client this afternoon, I was immediately required to download an update. Strange, since I had to do the same yesterday. I closed the client, went to eat, then opened it up just now and it's downloading the second update this evening. Fingers crossed.

See 

10 minutes ago, Fiona1701 said:

ha...I don't have an alt...might be a good reason to get one

Whether someone gets in with their main account or an alt account is just random chance.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fiona1701 said:

There's no guarantee that an alt will work, as LittleMe Jewell said, it's honestly just a random chance based on factors I'm unaware of.

23 hours ago, Fiona1701 said:

As others have said, an Alt probably won't help with this issue. But, having an Alt is a good troubleshooting option. But, if you do set one up, understand they are not that useful for debugging network issues and often confuse people. 

The problem comes from how fast the Internet changes. By the time you can log off or crash out and re-log with an Alt the Internet has changed. So, it may not be the choice of avatar that is making the difference. There are avatar/account specific problems. So, the Alt's are handy to have. Just avoid jumping to bad conclusions when using one. Consider as many possibilities as you can until they are eliminated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.