Unscheduled Second Life maintenance

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Investigating - We are aware that there may be an issue with Second Life logins at this time. We are actively investigating this issue, and will provide updates via this blog. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this. "

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/gcd5z1f130v5

That's an euphemism, really. All of a sudden everyone on my contacts list started to log off, and they all did in the end. Next, I couldn't move, and logged out myself, but couldn't log back in, of course. It seems to be an SL blackout, as the dashboard web page doesn't load, either.

Shrek ears for all the Second Life team working today?;)

Note: yesterday the lag was intense all over SL, so I should have seen it coming... (my dashboard finally loaded, so maybe not the whole team should wear those ears)

Edited by MBeatrix
note added
  • Like 1

well LL is not unlike other hosting providers, sometimes Beatrix,  things break, hardware,ect and sometimes it takes ages to recover, remember the SL database is way over a petabyte and if you can imagine the rebuilding of a new server thats been promoted to act as the database for everything.   this is not some ordinary hosting provider that can have instant fall over spool up and maybe a few seconds of hiccups, promotion of a backup node to the primary node takes hours and if it has problems then LL has issues which affects us.  nature of the beast.

• Like 2

It's just caused by The Phoenix's Level 3 Host Provider. Down since yesterday. Level3 is looking for the fixing the network. that causing an pathetic outages in this area. I'll wait for another day though. Better find the SL-Virtual World Alternative that includes Explorable Area and Open World. besides Activeworlds,There.com and Onverse. that we know it. lots are on the steam from 15$-100$. for Example Grand Theft Auto V,ARMA III,Flight Simulator X Steam Edition and X-Plane 11 Global. It's worth of Money.

11 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

well LL is not unlike other hosting providers, sometimes Beatrix,  things break, hardware,ect and sometimes it takes ages to recover, remember the SL database is way over a petabyte and if you can imagine the rebuilding of a new server thats been promoted to act as the database for everything.   this is not some ordinary hosting provider that can have instant fall over spool up and maybe a few seconds of hiccups, promotion of a backup node to the primary node takes hours and if it has problems then LL has issues which affects us.  nature of the beast.

All true, and just thinking on the amount of inventory transactions per hour gives me an headache. But why do they keep pretending it's all OK, and minutes (or hours) later coming back saying it's not? Sorry, but it's pathetic.

Edited by MBeatrix
typo correction

3 minutes ago, AnukManeewong1260 said:

It's just caused by The Phoenix's Level 3 Host Provider. Down since yesterday. Level3 is looking for the fixing the network. that causing an pathetic outages in this area. I'll wait for another day though. Better find the SL-Virtual World Alternative that includes Explorable Area and Open World. besides Activeworlds,There.com and Onverse. that we know it. lots are on the steam from 15$-100$. for Example Grand Theft Auto V,ARMA III,Flight Simulator X Steam Edition and X-Plane 11 Global. It's worth of Money.

Oh, OK, Shrek ears for that provider, then. But no kudos to LL's GSP.

Nah, I pay for SL and my internet connection already, I'm not going to feed some parasite service.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.