Did SL just go down again?

Pandora Pawpad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I think the problem for the majority of the groaners here is... if something works and you can choose to be on or offline... it´s fine. The point is not being able to choose and be forced to be offline (at least I hope so ^^ addiction isn´t cool mhkay? Anything in between - this too will pass ;)

Like.. I went nuts when my desktop PC was broken and I didn´t have a laptop... if it was turned off... ok... but not working - HELL to the NO!!!!!!!

Addicted? NEVER! Spoiled a good bit, absolutely! :0)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, XavierAtreides said:

Whenever I login using Firestorm in Mode: Firestorm, the login hangs.

BUT, when I change the Mode to Phoenix, or even Text, it seems to work.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but....

X

Tis actually did work.. I don't know if it's coincidence, but I changed to text and the world is 100% black with text on it, so I'm not sure it does me any good, lol. Maybe I'll see if another one works

5 minutes ago, Leannyn said:

I'm curious as to what this information is based on. If this comes from a reliable source, I will have to be more cautious about how much money I spend in SL going forward. o.O

Nothing more than the typical "the sky is falling" comments that we have gotten off & on in the forums for the last decade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, SinopaKoko said:

Tis actually did work.. I don't know if it's coincidence, but I changed to text and the world is 100% black with text on it, so I'm not sure it does me any good, lol. Maybe I'll see if another one works

That's interesting. Tried logging in with Phoenix and actually got in. Wonder why we can't log in with FS?

1 minute ago, Heavyhauler said:

Addicted? NEVER! Spoiled a good bit, absolutely! :0)

oh aren´t we all Heavy... aren´t we all... I mean look at us groaning, humping the forums, screeching, yawning, losing our beep - when there´ve been so much more chaotic times...:) 

BTW... I love how the forums buzz from attention during those downtimes^^

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Akasha Sternberg said:

oh aren´t we all Heavy... aren´t we all... I mean look at us groaning, humping the forums, screeching, yawning, losing our beep - when there´ve been so much more chaotic times...:) 

BTW... I love how the forums buzz from attention during those downtimes^^

I am checking them now and then. Eating lunch. Facebook. Talking to fiancé. Taking dogs out.  a..brand new day?

• Like 2

Let me be clear.  These opinions are mine, and mine alone.  As to who gave me the insight...sorry I am not going to tell you.  Not all of LL's former employees hated SL.

This is NOT a typical SL breakdown.  This time it IS serious.  But SL is just another Social Medium...isn't it?

Edited by Aishagain
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

Let me be clear.  These opinions are mine, and mine alone.  As to who gave me the insight...sorry I am not going to tell you.  Not all of LL's former employees hated SL.

No, you need to stop spreading fud & wait for the LL blog post, which will be coming very soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Umeko Melune said:

Keeping rumors aside....does anyone know why this is happening?

I have not seen detailed communiques from LL, but I imagine that their first priority is solving the issue.

Honestly, I can't recall the last time an outage this big happened for so long

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.