Did SL just go down again?

Pandora Pawpad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Still not getting in, but I  keep trying.. I've seen the numbers online go from 0 to 8k to 9k to 13k now 14k as I post, over the 2 hours since i got booted. So I guess this is acting like a wall of water pushing against a dam and a trickle getting through the hairline cracks.

The story is simple, LL's servers have broken down.  They are now unable to keep anything over 30K online stably.  There have now been 6 significant crashes where numbers online have crashed from c30K to not much more than 10K.  This is NOT a viewer issue, it is NOT a login server issue.  This is the one thing that LL have feared for over two years, a central cluster failure.

That they have done nothing to "fix" it shows two things:

1)  The present technical team do NOT have the knowledge of SL they need.

2) They basically have refused to spend money...much needed money, on the SL infrastructure.  SL is dying and dying fast, this is what heart failure looks like.

Nice one Whirly, good to see a sense of humour in all this carnage.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Aishagain said:

The story is simple, LL's servers have broken down.  They are now unable to keep anything over 30K online stably.  There have now been 6 significant crashes where numbers online have crashed from c30K to not much more than 10K.  This is NOT a viewer issue, it is NOT a login server issue.  This is the one thing that LL have feared for over two years, a central cluster failure.

2) They basically have refused to spend money...much needed money, on the SL infrastructure.  SL is dying and dying fast, this is what heart failure looks like.

ok you read this, all you stop logging right now so I can stay in SL. Stop it now! I need my SL fix!! O.o

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aishagain said:

And you got this insightful knowledge from?....

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

Nice one Whirly, good to see a sense of humour in all this carnage.

I'm curious as to what this information is based on. If this comes from a reliable source, I will have to be more cautious about how much money I spend in SL going forward. o.O

I think the problem for the majority of the groaners here is... if something works and you can choose to be on or offline... it´s fine. The point is not being able to choose and be forced to be offline (at least I hope so ^^ addiction isn´t cool mhkay? Anything in between - this too will pass ;)

Like.. I went nuts when my desktop PC was broken and I didn´t have a laptop... if it was turned off... ok... but not working - HELL to the NO!!!!!!!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.