Did SL just go down again?

Pandora Pawpad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I take snaps with my resolution set at 5000 by something or other.  Have not had any issues with the latest Firestorm version.

I have tried with mine set at 4000, then 3500, even at 3000.....still having the same issue since the last update. Never experienced this issue before since updating to the latest version. It's been a real pain

• Sad 1

Login with the normal Second Life viewer works fine. I've tested them , Firestorm and Black Dragon or not working at the moment. Didn't have an issue with taking snaps though. I always take high resolution and it worked all fine...until today?!

Not sure if it's mentioned here yet but Level3's phoenix site is having issues. It might be the datacenter since someone said they are at the same location, that or it's level3's internal systems.

People who are routed through xo.net can still connect, but it's a small percentage of users who are.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, JoannaVou said:

I could see this coming. I knew this new version of firestorm had a major bug. When taking large resolution snapshots, when I save to my disk I get a black image saved instead of a snap most of the time. I was going to report it to the firestorm team but didn't have the time to make an account on their website to report the bug. I wonder if anyone else has been experiencing this since the last update? I did a clean uninstall just a few days ago and downloaded a fresh version but nada. Still having the same issue with snapshots...I hope this will be fixed in the maintenance!

This is not a Firestorm bug.  It's probably a DOS attack by some scumbag, as I guess that was reported after yesterday's problems.  If not that, then it's an issue with the hardware or the Net connection or something.  It can't be a software bug, or they'd just roll it back to what worked.   But it's not a Firestorm bug, as people have had issues with other viewers, though some in this thread have said that the basic viewer isn't effected quite as badly today as third party viewers (but it still is effected).

Just now, BlazeStigma said:

still having issues? how many hours has been? any official lindens post any news on this?

This has been going on since yesterday basically, people got booted 4 times yesterday, and then it stopped during the overnight hours, and obviously issues started up again.

Just now, Katey Haystack said:

well, damn I don't even have the SL viewer downloaded this comp and the website is down anywhere else might have the viewer to download? 

I don't think it's viewer specific my alt had a lucky moment and could log in on Firestorm about 30 minutes ago now neither it nor me can get in

2 minutes ago, Ghost Menjou said:

It's not a DDoS attack people, it's a routing issue. A small majority that are routed through xo are still connecting fine. 

LL can't do ***** about it currently.

Okay....I'll sit it out and wait then....pffff!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.