Did SL just go down again?

Pandora Pawpad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Ghost Menjou said:

It's not a DDoS attack people, it's a routing issue. A small majority that are routed through xo are still connecting fine. 

LL can't do ***** about it currently.

1 minute ago, BlazeStigma said:

so new news from Linden Lab....   50% sure is DDOS attack

Yep got to love forums lol 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AmberHabibiYousif said:

OMGGGGG HERE WE GO AGAIN THIS IS BS   I WAS IN GOT KICKED OUT LAST NIGHT  AND HERE WE ARE CANT LOG IN  TODAY SMH THEY NEED NEW DAMN SERVERS AND *****

Ok calm down. No need to shout.  It's not the end of the world.  Go take a walk outside in the fresh air.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elijah Pyrithea said:

Distributed DoS attack. A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attackoccurs when multiple systems flood the bandwidth or resources of a targeted system, usually one or more web servers. Such an attack is often the result of multiple compromised systems (for example, a botnet) flooding the targeted system with traffic.

8 minutes ago, BlazeStigma said:

so new news from Linden Lab....   50% sure is DDOS attack

5 minutes ago, Katey Haystack said:

Yep got to love forums lol 

As far as I am seeing LL has commented nowhere. However we're all running traceroutes over here and seeing it fail at level3. 

Not only that, level3's bgp looking glass service is unreachable for the phoenix site.

Either way, LL is not getting hit by a DDoS. Level3 might, but the amount of power that's needed to take down something like a Level3 hop is pretty impressive.

Edited by Ghost Menjou

"... and welcome to another exciting edition of SLT. Today's cover story is all about LL and how they have to deal with today's latest possible DDoS.  Could it be caused from several butthurt, permabanned rejects? Mining Crypto-currency?  Or could it be that LL needs to stop focusing upon Sansar?  Our reporters have the latest as we switch over to our reporter who is live outside LL with the latest on this developing story."

Joking aside, we know this is going to take time to resolve and no one is a happy camper about it.  We're certainly not happy that this problem is becoming an ongoing one, nor is anyone from LL happy about it.  The best we can do is hope LL can resolve this problem or problems or they'll need to hire people who know how to resolve these problems.

Edited by AliciaMarieJames
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Katey Haystack said:

Oh boy, this is taking me back I remember not being able to log in for a whole week once. ahhh the memories 

This is the first time anything even remotely similar to this has happened in recent years, however, at least as far as I know.  I joined SL in May, 2014, and the longest I can ever remember login problems occurring before was maybe four hours.  But it has now been more than *twenty* hours since the login problems first started yesterday.

Ladies and Gentlemen and other citizens of second life :  all this means in plain terms that and I have seen it before a few years ago and it was doosey then !!!

SECOND LIFE TOOK A DUMP SO SIT BACK RELAX AND LET THE CLEAN UP CREW COME IN AND MOP UP THE NASTY STUFF AND PUT IT ALL RIGHT AGAIN xD

ps iam not a newbie either not sure how to change that ¬¬

Edited by EndoraMcAndrewsII

The login server, or connectivity to it, seems to be the problem. I'm getting timeouts trying to log into the Linden Labs JIRA, as well as SL itself. The JIRA and the SL world use the same login system.

"secondlife.marketplace.com" isn't even responding to ping.

Edited by animats
More info.

Just now, ShirtlessTicklishTx said:

This is the first time anything even remotely similar to this has happened in recent years, however, at least as far as I know.  I joined SL in May, 2014, and the longest I can ever remember login problems occurring before was maybe four hours.  But it has now been more than *twenty* hours since the login problems first started yesterday.

I been in SL sine 2010 actually 2009 with my 1st  I remember spending entire evening sitting trying to log in,, back then on the weekend you could have over hundred thousand logged in,  at once, all young ones don't know how bad lag can be lol 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.