A question about the CtrlAltStudio Viewer

sses1234

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

There is no possible way that THIS config of almost ancient hardware, especially that poor excuse of a graphic solution, comes anywhere close to "acting smooth" when rendering something like SL.

If your power supply is as old and as low end as the other components, you are quite likely in the process of frying your whole hardware.

At least you got rid of your illegally ripped operating system.

24 minutes ago, sses1234 said:

Does anyone know why every time I turn on Basic Shader's and Hardware Skinning I keep crashing, Yes I am on a Windows XP atm but it should work just fine because it acts smooth

The biggest problem is Windows XP. Your idea that it should work, is mistaken.

The System Requirements have excludes Win XP for some time now, even when CtrlAltStudio was being updated. If you are going to stick with XP, try the Singularity or Cool VL Viewer.

The CtrlAltStudio viewer is for those experimenting with VR. It is out of date. It does not support the new Bento avatar. Plus, I think it is pre-Bento enough it doesn't have the handlers for not crashing when a Bento avatar is present. But, then I have run it and photographed misshapen Bento.

They did that 'no crash' change when they wanted to put the RC viewer out and allow Bento on the main grid. They knew not everyone would update until Bento went gold. So, there is no-crash-code that I am pretty sure is not in CtrlAltStuidio until a July 2016 update... See: VR in Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.