New group for poetry reading, discussions, comedy, karaoke, live music, etc.

imAlexiaAndiRock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been in SL for quite some time and have done a variety of things to keep me sane (or on good days,  insane) from RL. One thing I've always wanted to do is to create something worthwhile and to bring together a group of like-minded people from all over the world who have a knack for literature, singing, live performances, comedy, discussions, any other diversions to get us through the work week. The goal is to have a weekly schedule of events such as:

*poetry/literature readings

*karaoke nights

*discussions on latest world trends

*meet & greet party (chance to make friends from all walks of life)

*live performances from talented artists from across the SL grid

*comedy shows

I've created a free venue which everyone can visit that is nestled on a beautiful beach. If you're interested in joining the group for notices on upcoming events or if you just want to be a moderator or simply collab, send me an IM inworld: imalexiaandirock

But why don't you drop by? We got free-flowing burgers and drinks for everyone! 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sandness/64/85/22

• Like 1

Neat =) thanks for creating such a cool space! I'm definitely interested to see the direction this will go. I joined the group and checked out the in-world location... totally thought the region was "sadness" until I explored and looked around more haha, guess that's where my mind goes when I think of poetry/literature venues. all about that melancholy.

and.. this is going to sound kind of funny, but I couldn't manage to  get my tip in ;) in the designated jar. It just gave me the option to join the group when I clicked on it. would like to support and help out! I know it can be hard to keep things like these running, especially with our active "other" lives. how new is the space?

Edited by Melody Mifflin

Hey Melody,

Hope you're well! Thanks for checking out the place and for joining the group. :) Appreciate the love! It's really very new, like a week old so I'm getting people to sign up for the events. We have an upcoming poetry reading this Wednesday and Therapy Thursdays where people can just rave or rant about something and anyone can probably give their two cents of encouragement and what not. It'd be awesome if you could join, would love to hear what you've got to share. I think I'll poke you inworld haha -- see ya soon! :D 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.