Have purchased 3 items this year in-world that have been undelivered but still been charged for each

Kennyfur Ashdene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So basically, I'm going to assume that there's a problem with either my connection to SL (which is always uninterrupted and strong), SL's servers, the actual product itself or the Viewer 2.

The problem is that I'm paying for items and never recieving them. It's happened 3 times this year and it's now totalled up to around 1200-1800 Linden Dollars. These three items were 2 body modifications for an avatar and an AO for my avatar. The 2 body modifications were from the same vendor, so you could argue that it might be their fault. But the AO was not and the Avatar modifications were bought a few days in between each other.

So I'm wondering what to do. Apparently, if my items have not been delivered after a certain period of time, I'm supposed to be given back the money. I find it incredibly strange that I haven't been refunded for these 3 in-world purchases. Strangely enough, the second body modification that I purchased, I was so ticked off that I went on the marketplace online and bought it instead and it sent just fine! So I'm honestly starting to think that it's either a problem with Viewer 2 or with the servers.

Honestly, I'd rather not have $10-15 just taken away from me for things I've never bought. Hopefully someone can answer my question.

EDIT: Question now answered. Will contact sellers with information and transaction history. Other transaction was before 30 days but did not receive refund.

3 answers to this question

Anytime an item is not delivered you should always contact the seller.

If you purchase inworld, you can get a copy of the transaction from your "Transaction History" on the website. If it was from the Marketplace you get the transaction from your "Order History".

If the items are Copiable the seller will have no problem replacing it. If it is not copiable then sometimes some sellers are more wary of sending replacements, but usually only if its the same person asking over & over.

You don`t say when you made your purchases, your transaction history only goes back 30 days, but I would still contact the seller as often they will have back copies of all their transactions.

• Like 1

Check your transaction history. If the items have been purchased but have not been delivered, contact the merchant/seller and ask what gives. If the items have not been delivered you should have received a refund from LL once eight hours had passed. If your transaction history shows purchased and delivered, politely contact the seller via notecard and explain to them that you never received your purchase. This is normally a non issue that vendors are happy to oblige. Viewer 2 for all its evils may or may not be the problem. I use it exclusively and have not had any of those particular issues. Good luck and please let us know how it goes for you. No one wants to see you or anyone else lose their money.

There's a known issue with the servers, which seems to have become much worse over the last couple of weeks, as described at SVC-6403 in the jira.   So the merchant is probably all too aware that transactions are failing more frequently than expected, and should be reasonably sympathetic to your complaint.

Fortunately, from the latest comments, it seems a fix is being tested at the moment on the "Second Life RC BlueSteel" channel, so with luck the problem should be resolved in the next few days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.