mesh body?

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't step in this... rumours go around they'r grabbing the last dimes and pull the plug...never sure with these scammers

price low or high... i'ts old and obsolete to the current level of development of SL

Exactly, its the last attempt to grab as much cash as possible and then "astalavista baby". And if one day they pull the plug from servers they own, all TMP items will be broken and unusable.

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Like 2

I feel sorry for all the people that paid the full L$5k the body's not worth it let alone L$500 it's a lot to invest in a body that will be rendered useless the day the servers get pulled i only dipped my toe in as far as the free body for me and an alt and didn't like anything about it enough to make me part with any money

• Like 3

Even during the height of their popularity, there were rumors floating around about the owner's questionable business practices in prior ventures. Sometime in 2015 they discounted their apparel, accessories and shoes by 50% and that only seemingly generated mild interest for a short period of time. I feel the most sorry for those that bought in (at any price point) not knowing that they would someday loose control of their body and head. Many of the people I've interacted with in world about the product over the last several years had no clue about this.

The product has been labeled BETA since it was first released. Considering that its now been out for nearly 5 years says enough.

• Like 8

On 24/02/2018 at 1:24 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

I feel sorry for all the people that paid the full L$5k

The thing (well, one of the things) that always stuck in my craw about this was that - in order to get an alpha HUD - men had no choice but to pay L$5000 for the deluxe body, whereas women got an alpha HUD with the L$2500 basic body. It's fairly obvious why: at the time it was released the TMP male body was the only male mesh body on the market. There was no competition, and none on the horizon either until Slink finally came along over a year later. The TMP creators - knowing that men would be wanting a mesh body - clearly decided to charge a higher price as a result, so male avatars had to fork out for the deluxe body just to get the alpha HUD (which, let's face it, is an absolute necessity because very little mesh clothing fits absolutely perfectly).

• Thanks 2

The current TMP pricing model is good ONLY for those people who had already gotten the free male (or female) TMP mesh body, and now can pick up all the TMP clothing from their Boutique for free. All this clothing fits the free TMP mesh body perfectly without the need for alphas. There's not a lot of male clothing, but there's a fair bit of female clothing and it's available in a wide variety of colours and there is some nice texturing on it.

So if you did pick up the free body before they discontinued it, you can now stop by and pick up all the free clothes. And I agree with the person above who said this was a desperate, last-minute cash grab by TMP. Expect them to pull the plug at any point, which probably means that you will not be able to retexture your clothing using the required StyleMode HUD (even if you bought all the different colours of a particular item before they launched this sale). 

I am hoping that my newly-obtained free TMP clothing will still work (but I will be unable to change its colour) when/if TMP shuts down completely.

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

The current TMP pricing model is good ONLY for those people who had already gotten the free male (or female) TMP mesh body, and now can pick up all the TMP clothing from their Boutique for free. All this clothing fits the free TMP mesh body perfectly without the need for alphas. There's not a lot of male clothing, but there's a fair bit of female clothing and it's available in a wide variety of colours and there is some nice texturing on it.

Good to know, will have to make sure my TMP using alt pays a visit 

Despite being a server-based pile of do-do.... the TMP is one of the few bodies that isn't unrealistically like a body builder.

Hate on it all you like, but the other choices make your biceps look like balloons.

(I have TMP, Slink, Signature Gianni, Belleza Jake and many more bodies - and I am distressed the roid-bodies are winning this fight)

• Thanks 1

I dunno, I feel like as a female shopper even at 500L the high likelihood of it not working in a couple months, the lack of many if any new clothes completely negates the new low, low price.

I realize men don’t have as many choices. But I feel like Slink and Belleza do an excellent job providing for the “non muscle block” segment of SL. There are enough men’s stores and fairs now that current clothing shouldn’t be an issue.

....and supporting shady business practices because it’s cheap? I won’t even get into that.

I took them up on this offer and got it just to see. pre textured all the clothes and such. the clothing choices are abysmal as most are just the same top with different patterns and even then theres a lack of style variety. at least they fit? i mean, its more then i can say for most "tmp size!" clothes found on the market. i don't think it was worth 500l though seeing as the clothing choices are small and the hud system is a MESS. I also can't even correctly bring across how annoying their "the shops!" system is.

heres an avatar with also a tmp head (wich is static. no bento.) 3rd party skin because the included skins where just bad.

Snapshot_139.png

3 hours ago, MaggiJin said:

I also can't even correctly bring across how annoying their "the shops!" system is.

Their HUD shopping system is just about the worst way to shop for their free clothes a lot of the time the HUD stopped functioning and I needed to detach and reattach it my alt may be left logging into the sim for days just to get everything

22 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Their HUD shopping system is just about the worst way to shop for their free clothes a lot of the time the HUD stopped functioning and I needed to detach and reattach it my alt may be left logging into the sim for days just to get everything

My alt gave up after only getting 3 or 4 clothing items.  It was the most dreadful experience I think I've ever had shopping in SL. 

On 3/3/2018 at 5:28 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Interesting sidenote: they've removed the free bodies. They clearly don't want people picking up a free mesh body and getting all the free clothing for it... ¬¬

Yeah, they discontinued the free TMP mesh bodies when they launched their L$500 "deal" with all the free clothing. The only reason I can think of as to why they would do this, is because NOBODY was buying anything. Their top-of-the-line mesh avatar body was L$5,000 which was outrageous compared to Maitreya, SLink and Belleza that had much, MUCH better designer support. I feel sorry for anyone who bought the body at that price, and paid for all the clothing, only to see this drastic markdown.Their shopping HUD experience is horrible! I only bothered because one of my alts picked up the free TMP body when it was still available and all the free clothing was a good deal.

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Their shopping HUD experience is horrible! I only bothered because one of my alts picked up the free TMP body when it was still available and all the free clothing was a good deal.

One of my alts has the free TMP from a while back.  When they started this 'free clothing' thing, I really tried to get my alt some clothes, but I think I only managed 3 or 4 items before that dreadful shopping experience sent me running away.

42 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve never used a shopping hud, are they common?

Not common.  The TMP stuff requires a shopping HUD in order to buy anything at their store.  It is the worst shopping experience ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve never used a shopping hud, are they common?

Not common at all the TMP shopping experience is dreadful but i persevered and got my alt all the clothes jewellery bags and shoes in the colour options i liked the look of took me several days and numerous HUD detach and reattaches as the HUD would often stop working the clothes i have tried have been very good quality and low complexity. just wish all the colour options and extra details could have been available in one click instead of clicking each and every colour

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.