Huge Prims...yes its the elephant in the room..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Mr. Linden, why o why after all this time, when its been totally proved Huge, Giant, Mega prims will not crash SL into the sea, we still do not have the ability to create and transform these prims in Second Life??

Here's my argument: if your a creator, a mega prim in your creation is made by another creator and this as we all know leads to many permission problems down the road.

When working with them, the teeniest nudge to improve a prim shape to your needs, squashing it or pulling it longer, leads to the disaster of the prim going back to our "allowed" 10 M size. Most creators using them dare not make a modifiable object for sale, knowing full well someones going to try and improve its size.

As a creator, its my goal to take items to other Open Source worlds, i do not have that option here in SL, as it is, i rent a sim in Avination where huge prim creation is allowed, to create and use my own huge prims. You have no idea how refreshing it is to have this ability, and frankly speaking i could be plugging that $60 bucks a month into SL.

Just a few thoughts to perhaps roll around, they are in world, but its a nightmare to use them as the are, after being in another world where its totally allowed and encouraged. Thanks Mr L, great job so far, just gimme some big boys to play with and I'm a happy camper :D

Currently the creation of mesh objects is in beta. On the beta grid, we are now allowed to create objects up to 64m. So when mesh is rolled out to the main grid, we will be able to create objects up to 64m. Of course, if you are still wanting objects larger than 64m, you will probably still need to use megaprims (which will still be a problem when you want to resize them,) but it is still better than the 10m limit.

"a year", would reasonably be a year from a set date (like the day they made the statement)... un-reasonably it would have the same value as "tomorrow" (which never gets here) a la "end of any year"

my understanding is that big prims can ship as soon as encroachment is ready, but encroachment is tied up in the mesh code.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.