What do I do about trespassers ?

Angelin Galicia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/24/2018 at 1:12 PM, Angelin Galicia said:

Thank you Dakota for the advice. I took scripts off and hope it helps. Thank you also to everyone else who posted  advice too . I agree a sense of humor does help . I do feel amused, but I admit to being annoyed too, kind of mixed feelings.  It has helped me feel better to bring it up on here. . 

Mixed feelings are pretty normal, I think, especially when it's still new or is on-going. We had locked doors and all but it didn't stop people from entering and inspecting things while I was standing right there. Sometimes it was very unnerving, like a drunk, aggressive guy who marched into my bedroom while I was trying on clothes. It was all in the computer of course, but it was also something I was experiencing while in my own RL living room with its expectations of safety and privacy.

The RL friend who owns the land gave me parcel management rights after that one and taught me how to Eject someone. The first time I used it I learned how much the discomfort is from the loss of control and how easy it is to put oneself back in control of the situation if you have an eject option. After that, seeing the humour is much easier. :)

Though it might not have felt humourous to the couple I booted after I found them naked in my bedroom. Every day after work I'd log in to find pose balls out in several pieces of furniture in several rooms - they really got around and didn't pick up after themselves. Then one day I got home from work early....

• Like 1

Banlines are tacky. It's nice of you to care about them.

A security orb would solve your problem. You can whitelist your people. There's no need to engage intruders since the orb gives an automated message.

I personally add neighbors that are connected to my parcels as well. Just in case they accidentally step over the property line or even want to look around. Ymmv.

About turning off scripts. My huds will continue to run in that areas because they are made that way. To run every script in every hud/object the only thing to do is to fly up over 70m. That's where the no script zone ends and everything will run again.

And dont say you switched off flying. Thats not really possible.

Even more funny is when i see clubs or homes in a skybox with scripts switched off. Never wondered why everybody can run scripts? jeez :D

1 hour ago, Nova Convair said:

And dont say you switched off flying. Thats not really possible.

Every login I turn on the Firestorm Fly Override option.  Gets me past those pesky no-fly areas all the time....... Well, almost.  I did TP to one location just this past weekend and before I realized what was happening, I was TPd home because they had something running that detected fliers and TP them home.. Ticked me off, especially since I also use the Firestorm option of "always fly on TP".  Thus in order to return, I had to quickly get out of fly mode after TPing back, to keep their damn script from sending me away again - I didn't feel like turning my 'fly on TP' option off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.