iamyourneighbour

Who else came from other virtual world ie IMVU ?

Where were you before SL?

I came over from IMVU after magically reversing one permanent ban with legal aid, one permanent forum ban and 52 warnings. The merchant tax there is high and only things to be missed are the one size fits all cloth, and system enforced permission system (long story short imagine you can collect a cut from all sales made from your resellers)

Apart from that, it is a creator hell. 

What other places have you visited before SL?

Edited by iamyourneighbour

Before SL?  Table top gaming with friends.. We moved just far enough away to make it not workable anymore, sadly. Founds SL, told them about it, now we all have fun here.. When we aren't killing things in Fantasy Grounds.. 

22 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Before SL?  Table top gaming with friends.. We moved just far enough away to make it not workable anymore, sadly. Founds SL, told them about it, now we all have fun here.. When we aren't killing things in Fantasy Grounds.. 

Sounds familiar, my RL best friend (since 3rd grade, mooons ago) moved from Michigan to Texas. I found SL, and we've hung out and done bestie stuff inworld for over 10 years now. 

i came from World of Warcraft.

trying to still stop the itch to go back but having friends in SL helps me to fight the urge to log back on to WoW.

old time BBS user so i do miss the text RP from those. it was a lot of fun. more graphic as you had to use your imagination ;).  not a huge fan of the poseballs or animations in wow as an active imagination is way more fun LOL.

1 minute ago, lostsoul2017 said:

i came from World of Warcraft.

trying to still stop the itch to go back but having friends in SL helps me to fight the urge to log back on to WoW.

old time BBS user so i do miss the text RP from those. it was a lot of fun. more graphic as you had to use your imagination ;).  not a huge fan of the poseballs or animations in wow as an active imagination is way more fun LOL.

Reminds me of my yahoo snooker days ?

2 minutes ago, iamyourneighbour said:

Reminds me of my yahoo snooker days ?

LOL

i miss things like Yankee trades and trade wars.  i wonder if anyone even remembers Galactic Warzone. :)

i do miss the yahoo chat rooms. you could have some great chat/rp with people in them

2 minutes ago, lostsoul2017 said:

LOL

i miss things like Yankee trades and trade wars.  i wonder if anyone even remembers Galactic Warzone. :)

i do miss the yahoo chat rooms. you could have some great chat/rp with people in them

A/S/L all day ?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, iamyourneighbour said:

A/S/L all day ?

ROFLMAO

i actually got A/S/L'd one day from someone in SL.  i was shocked and amused at the same time. i didn't even need to ask their age as i already know at least how young they were ROFL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surrius said:

The Sims Online and THERE.

Been here a while, and still navigating socially.

wanted to join THERE but it had closed down.

Edited by bebejee

Before sl, all kinds of places, but the most recent before sl would be TSO...though I'm still in TSO. Or, rather, I should say, back in it now that a version of it is up and running again :) 

I wouldn't say that I came from somewhere, as that would imply, that I left for SL. I just added SL, although these days I spend more time on this forum than inworld.

SL is my first virtual world by definition when I first joined in 2012, except if TinyMe is considered a virtual world then that would be my first virtual world ;D

While I played tons of computer games in my earlier life, they were all just on my PC.  I was never an online person, other than forums and chat rooms, until I came to SL.