Who else came from other virtual world ie IMVU ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Reality is overrated.

Sure you get things like crispy bacon, hot coffee and warm tongues but it also comes with traffic, politicians and intestinal parasites.

Had me at crispy bacon.

Lost me at politicians and intestinal parasites.

• Like 1

I used to use a service back in the early/mid 90's, can't remember the name of it to save my soul. Seems to me like it was run by an online company. The avatars were little cartoon people, and the world was broken up into areas like a gaming area, a chat area, and the like that you would walk to. I wish to heck I could remember the name of it. 

My first online game was The Sims Online, the original incarnation, and since then there have been too many things to count. Multiple MMOs, most recently the Elder Scrolls Online, and also IMVU and There, which isn't there anymore. I'm taking a break from the MMO loot grind and focusing on dressing up my digital Barbie.

16 hours ago, YrielleRose said:

My first online game was The Sims Online, the original incarnation, and since then there have been too many things to count. Multiple MMOs, most recently the Elder Scrolls Online, and also IMVU and There, which isn't there anymore. I'm taking a break from the MMO loot grind and focusing on dressing up my digital Barbie.

There.com is back but with a monthly fee as well as a free trial with limits on interaction, I joined recently but can't log in.

Lots people seem to cross over from IMVU!

Habbo Hotel(2005)> IMVU(2006)/(Joined SL)floated around the TG, went back to IMVU officially quit IMVU (late 2008)catalog and everything took two friends with me and gave SL a second chance. lol snuck on the main grid. In 2012 became crazed with f2p online mmorpgs went MIA in SL until now and it seems like SL doesn't want me back LOL I've been trying to log on since last night!

Edited by Misfit

Before Second Life I was onto other virtual worlds and social platforms including Zwinky and Neopets. I even tried IMVU during my initial experience with Second Life. I also tried Habbo Meez WeeWorld, Gaia Online and Habbo and compared with said platforms. I even experienced and compared Minecraft to the rest even experienced ROBLOX, Homebrew vehicle sandbox and Garry's Mod and compared GMod, HomeBrew and ROBLOX to Minecraft, IMVU and Second Life among others including Sansar and Blockland.

Edited by Elite Runner

I was in the Habbo Hotel exactly one time... in IMVU...10-ish? times?  Some chickI met there told me it was usual to beat eachother up...idk  it was weird and too cartooney and limited as hell... and yeah I had some neopets at one point... but the only one I ever actually was active in is SL... I don´t even have alts, just Kasha. That one´s expensive enough as it is even with freebies and gifts and stuffs xD 

MMO wise I was in LOTRO, STO (shortly), SWTOR (not THAT shortly^^), GW 1 and 2, NEverwinter, DDO

oh yeah and I was a regular at some chatrooms over the years...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.