Won't let me add things to group owned property

K0RUPTED

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was deeded ownership on a piece of property by a family member, but every time I try to add a piece of furniture to the family home it gets sent back to my inventory under the Lost and Found file.  What is happening and how do we fix this problem.  One other family member has this problem but everyone else can add with no problems at all.

7 answers to this question

So, simple questions first:

1. Are you wearing the proper group tag as you try to rez things? (That is, the tag for the group that owns the parcel..)

2. Are you trying to rez something with a high enough L.I. that it will exceed the capacity of the parcel? (That is, have you already rezzed too much stuff there?)

3. Does your role in the group allow you to rez things on group land?

46 minutes ago, K0RUPTED said:

I am labeled owner.  We have plenty of prims so we cal all add what we want.  I can rez with no problems, just every time I load in something it poofs after a few moments

By "labeled owner" - does that mean that you have activated the group and role for the property. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 hours ago, K0RUPTED said:

No it is my brother whom is Estate Resident.  Now the more bizarre thing is I can add using Firestorm but not SL viewer.

There will be a group associated with the land and I'm guessing that maybe you are a member of that group.  Firestorm has an option - on by default, I think - that will attempt to rez things using the appropriate land group, even if you have not activated that group.  If you manually activate that group yourself, you should be able to rez things and not get them returned.

2 hours ago, K0RUPTED said:

However, I can add to another family member's house on either with no problems whatsoever

It is possible that the setting for this other house is such that anyone can rez things, not just group members.

The fact that you can rez items, but they are returned after a short period tells you the following:

• The land is set to allow anyone to rez objects, but
  • The land is set to autoreturn objects to people who are not the owner or a member of a group the land is deeded to, after a set interval (look for the autoreturn setting in About Land), and
  • You are not a member of the appropriate land group, or (with some viewers) you don't have the land group active (that group's tag showing above your head)

If this is land on a private estate, you may want to ask the estate owner or an estate manager to help you with the correct settings for deeding, rezzing, autoreturn, and group membership.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.