katleana

Looking for an active roleplay sim

Hey guys! I'm Katleena, and I was just looking for a good community to own a house and start a family in. I can only afford 1400L a week, and I want it to be a good place to raise children. I want to buy my own house instead of using preset housing. Any ideas or suggestions please leave a reply! Thank you!!

• Like 1

Hi Katleana,

I have a single region family countryside town with 1000 prim parcels available priced at L$1100 a week. We have a school opening in the spring for ages 12-19 and community features a restaurant and spa amongst other activities like hiking trails and equestrian center.

Feel free to visit region name Evergreen Lake or contact me Lola Bailey (lolasirena).

Edited by LolaSirena

My family is looking for a decent family roleplay sim too but we've been finding it very difficult. 

Most communities for everyday living are dead for the majority of the time and may only have 5-6 avatars online at any given time. A lot of communities are very one sided too. There are some which focus heavily on having a school but not much else. Similarly others have a lot of Emergency services rp but nothing else. 

We've yet to find a community that is active with regular rp / social events and other services, has a decent school and offers good emergency services RP. 

42 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

My family is looking for a decent family roleplay sim too but we've been finding it very difficult. 

Most communities for everyday living are dead for the majority of the time and may only have 5-6 avatars online at any given time. A lot of communities are very one sided too. There are some which focus heavily on having a school but not much else. Similarly others have a lot of Emergency services rp but nothing else. 

We've yet to find a community that is active with regular rp / social events and other services, has a decent school and offers good emergency services RP. 

You are asking a lot. There are a lot of very good communities out there but they can't control when people are online. The Majority of  family roleplayers only role play within their family which is why you don't see much outside activity, again something sim owners can't control. I had a 4 region family sim years ago where we tried to host social events that promoted RP as my family are para RPers. We had monthly potluck events where a different family on the sim would host at their house and all the other families would attend and bring a dish... that was like pulling teeth. So unless you pick a place you like aesthetically and contribute to the community by helping bring more w community feel then your not going to find one.  School and emergency services work so that's what communities focus on.  

• Like 3

Based on my experience:

• Too many communities have too many sims.
  • Too many communities are way over-meshed (way too laggy, even on modern computers)
  • Too many communities are way too expensive in rentals - if you don't want a Bill Gates mansion, go somewhere else.

These are just my own top-three "problems with RP communities"

If I were to create a RP community now I would limit it to two sims. Sim 1 would be the town center, shops, municipal buildings, etc.. around the edges with a central town square - it gives a place for people to gravitate toward, a meet-and-greet-activity place. The second sim would be low-cost housing is available - same setup: around the edges for the most part with the central area being a park, other activities location. Rentals would be more reasonable, like 500L a week, not 1500. That's crazy.

In short, I'd design the place to be as low-lag as possible and arrange stuff so there is a central place that will act like a magnet for people to go and gather.

Not wishful thinking. I did it before, back in 2007. It worked like a dream, though in that case, it wasn't a family roleplay community, but rather a different type, though it was the same premise and it worked great. It lasted 5 years, two years longer after I passed it off to a friend.

Just saying.

In short here are a couple things to consider about RP communities: they are always very lean on population, and most population come in-world in SL evenings. And even then, they don't spend all their time at home on sim, they are often out and about doing stuff. It's rare when there is a family who lives and stays only on sim (like when they are also managers of the sim, etc.) These were all very popular five or ten years ago. But declining popularity and BOTS all over the grid have changed the SL landscape for the worse all over the grid, not just roleplay communities.

Edited by Alyona Su
Typonese translation services employed
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

The second sim would be low-cost housing is available - same setup: around the edges for the most part with the central area being a park, other activities location. Rentals would be more reasonable, like 500L a week, not 1500. That's crazy.

So your suggestion is that the sim owner should eat about 10k a week in cost on one sim? Or with your "proposal" me as a sim owner would spend 30k a week and then only use one of the sims for residential. I mean I am not looking to make a profit as a sim owner but I am also not looking to lose close to 100k a month. That's just my opinion. 

• Like 1

For those interested in a Roleplay Community that isn't of the larger scale, Coolbaugh Township (Landmark Click here!) has just acquired their second sim.  Right now its a small town feeling where everybody knows everybody else. Active Fire Department and Sheriffs Office. Looking for someone interested in running the Hospital. There are tons of renter owned Roleplay Businesses in town that are looking for shop helpers, or waiters/ waitresses. 

We have rentals in everyones budget and as I currently design the second sim, we will have even lower housing options. We're hoping to see some real growth in roleplay, with potential crime (Could be as simple as tagging a wall). Come see what we have to offer. 

Please keep in mind the second sim is currently under construction . Hopefully this info helps anyone looking above, or anyone who just enjoys sim exploring. :D

Edited by RedWrath

1 hour ago, Joespapi said:

So your suggestion is that the sim owner should eat about 10k a week in cost on one sim? Or with your "proposal" me as a sim owner would spend 30k a week and then only use one of the sims for residential. I mean I am not looking to make a profit as a sim owner but I am also not looking to lose close to 100k a month. That's just my opinion. 

I agree. 

Depending on the dollar to linden dollar exchange rate, a sim can cost upward to L$75,000 a month.

If you have 20 residents renting homes with a 1000 prims then a 1.5 rate would yield an income of L$30,000, resulting in an overall loss of L$45,000.

Even at 2.0 rate i.e 1000 prims costing L$2,000 per home, you would still be losing L$35,000. 

It's only at a 2.5 rate, which is what a lot of RP sims operate on, that you would start to break even. 

4 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I agree. 

Depending on the dollar to linden dollar exchange rate, a sim can cost upward to L$75,000 a month.

If you have 20 residents renting homes with a 1000 prims then a 1.5 rate would yield an income of L$30,000, resulting in an overall loss of L$45,000.

Even at 2.0 rate i.e 1000 prims costing L$2,000 per home, you would still be losing L$35,000. 

It's only at a 2.5 rate, which is what a lot of RP sims operate on, that you would start to break even. 

Basically and thats not considering all the "events" people want on the sim and staff if any... everything cost the SIM owner. Yet people want to pay 1.05L  a prim like they are living on a basic sim with parcels. They don't want to pay for the work sim creators do to create these communities and environments.

17 hours ago, Joespapi said:

This is the problem with people in forums presuming stuff is said by reading one thing and perceiving another. How about presuming the author wrote what they mean and meant what they wrote? Don't insert words or meaning that aren't there. Where, oh where in my entire post did I ever suggest such a thing?

Seriously, people, some of you and your cynical passive-aggressive negative view of all things is truly entertaining.

So I will respond with this: I was not looking to provide a HOW-TO, in which case I can very easily explain how the sim owner can raise the funds to pay for it all, quite reliably, in fact. Now stop insinuating people saying or "suggesting" anything when they haven't.

Rolls-eyes, walks-off, pats her butt in the tried-and-true "kiss it" gesture. Bahahaha

[And if anyone takes this comment personally or seriously, you are taking anything and everything SL way too far. It may not be a 'game', but hey: it's still a "game" at the end of all things. So lighten up!] Hahahaha!

• Like 2