Cannot find [skin, eyes] in database

MegaRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm getting the 'cannot find in database' error for two SPECIFIC items, a skin and a pair of eyes, both system.  I've tried the known solutions for fixing this (clearing inventory cache, reinstalling the viewer, etc.) and no luck.  No other items are 'missing' so far, at least.

What I find curious is that I've tried unpacking multiple instances of these items (including a redelivered version of the box) and they continue to be broken for me.  Every other item in the folder they came in (applier versions, some wings and hair) works just fine.  I just tested the appliers and they work fine, so this isn't a case of the textures the items being broken somehow.  It's just the skin and eyes.

Would it be possible for anyone to test these items for me?  I got them for free, so it should be easy to pick up.  At the Redeux event, join the Redeux VIP group (free) and find the Stargazer Creations booth.  The skin and eyes are part of their free gift.  If they work properly for other people, then I know it's a problem on my end.  If not, I guess the next step is to contact the creator?

Thank you for your time.

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

The applier was "created" by a Linden.

Or the root prim was. That's a common way to mask the identity of the actual creator...  grab a full-perm prim made by someone else and make it the root of your object, thus making that prim's creator appear to be the creator of your object. The way to find out who made the rest of the thing is to look at the creator of the child prims.  That's not "illegal" or even nefarious, necessarily. It's a common way to keep people from sending random snarky comments to yourself, by making someone else appear to be the creator.

Edited by Rolig Loon

It's possible that the items were deleted for being illegally copied versions.  Check your inventory...are there any items in there with the name "ip_replacement"?  If so, those are things LL removed in response to a DMCA takedown notice, and replaced with generic junk.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.