Negative L$ balance

Isobel Castaignede

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Isobel Castaignede said:

I've logged into an alt account after about a year of non use and find I have a negative Linden $ balance. There are no recent transactions and this alt has never owned land, it really only exists to be the second member of my main account's land group. I'm wondering how a balance of L$-644 could have occurred?

Is it possible you are in some groups that pass on the land show in search fees to members?  

Thanks for your response :) I did check that and none of my groups appear to do that. This account was only in 6 groups, 3 of which are controlled by my main account and don't have show in search activated, the others are regular store groups. Nothing shows in the Land/L$ tab for any of them.  I've opened a support ticket through my main premium account, hopefully LL will be able to shed some light on it :)

On 2/19/2018 at 8:29 PM, Isobel Castaignede said:

Thanks for your response :) I did check that and none of my groups appear to do that. This account was only in 6 groups, 3 of which are controlled by my main account and don't have show in search activated, the others are regular store groups. Nothing shows in the Land/L$ tab for any of them.  I've opened a support ticket through my main premium account, hopefully LL will be able to shed some light on it :)

You won't find the information you need in the Land and $ tab.  Look in the Roles and Abilities tab, and check the abilities assigned to your group role.  The key one will be found way at the bottom of the list, "receive group dividends and share group liabilities".  If that is checked, you're helping to pay for the group's "show in search" fees.  Either leave that group, or bring it to the attention of the group owner.  Many group owners aren't even aware they're doing this to their members.

6 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

Take a look at your dashboard, set the dates on the linden transaction history, maybe you'll find something, but I honestly don't remember for how long that history records linden expenses.

30 days for Basic members, 90 days for Premium members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.