khalidah12

khalidah12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

There's nothing to "play".  Second Life is a virtual world -- a social platform.  There are no levels or points to earn.  There are no goals, and no rules about where you have to go.  You may find games in Second Life, of course, or you may decide to explore or go shopping.  You may flex your skills as an artist or a musician. You may find a friend and go dancing, or just go sit under a tree somewhere and meditate. When I joined eleven years ago, we were told that this is "Your World, Your Imagination."  That's still true today.

If you want to practice the basic skills for moving around in world and communicating, I suggest visiting Caledon Oxbridge University (find it with the Search function in your viewer), where they have excellent self-paced tutorials and many classes.  First, though, begin by reading this .... 

Don't expect to learn "everything" about Second Life.  That's impossible. Most of what you find has been made by other residents, so it's all different.  And SL keeps evolving, so even its underlying structure and the tools that Linden Lab makes available to all of us keep changing with time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

In case you're not particularly into social platforms -- you can spend a lot of time in SL without talking to anybody. SL is a social platform only if you wish it to be. Rolig also only brushed on creating things. It's likely that at least 99% of everything you see in SL was created by other residents. You can be one of the creators. Builders Brewery is a good place to learn how. You can also sell things you create.

My suggestion is to jump in and look around. Almost anything that's done in real life is done in SL, and you can do things in SL that would get you killed in real life. Find what fits your imagination.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.