Asymmetrical tattoo

Bebe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

27 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I want to avoid the alpha glitch, but might be a solution if I edit them well enough to use masking, but I wonder if that's how the creators do, if I'm right I seen one arm tattoos a few times.

Probably on Slink bodies that allow that option, the others don't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

if I'm right I seen one arm tattoos a few times.

3 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Probably on Slink bodies that allow that option, the others don't.

The Slink bodies have layer cuts much like the alpha cuts you may be familiar with.    This lets you turn off one arm's tattoo or underwear layer.  This is not possible with a system body.  I don't know if any other bodies have this ability but I do know that Maitreya and Tonic do not.  I don't think Belleza does but I might be mistaken.

• Like 1

yes Slink still allow for Asymmetrical tattoos using their own appliers, some other bodies now can also have asymmetrical ones using the latest Omega Evolved Dev Kit. The "evolved" version will allow for applying to left or right hand/harm etc but itis still being rolled out and many bodies/parts are still to update to it so you would have to check the list on the Omega website to see if the body you want to use it on is ready. It's a no-go on system bodies though, but i do remember sometime ago someone was making tats on a prim or mesh attachment that was worn on one arm or both and that carried the tattoo texture instead of it being worn as a system tattoo layer.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chase01 said:

Does the tat have to be made specific for that function to work properly on the SLINK body? (one arm)? That part I do not remember.

No.  Any tat will do.  It is a function of the body and works with any texture.

[eta]
To add a little more to it ... you know how alpha cuts work with mesh bodies, right?  That sections is simply not drawn.  Also, remember that all the layers that mesh bodies use like skin, tattoo, underwear and clothing layers ... these are all nested one inside the other like matryoshka dolls.   So when you toggle a cut, it is actually turning off that section of each layer.  What Slink allows is the ability to turn off displaying part of one layer while still drawing the rest.

It's a bit simplified but that's the gist of it.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

• 6 months later...

If all else fails... here's my cheat.

-Copy your un-tattooed body.

-Wear the new copy. Apply the arm tattoo.

-Alpha cut everything but the arm.

-Detach it. Put the original body back on. Alpha cut the arm you tattooed.

-Now wear both bodies. Save outfit. Voila, asymmetry. LOL

Note: I was worried complexity would go way up. It doesn't.

• 4 months later...

It's a UV mapping issue so it's not possible. The only way that would work is on a mesh body that allows two different upper body textures for the arms, one applying to each. I know the Slink body used to allow this (letting you hide one arm layer and not the other, as well as their old appliers allowing you to input different UUIDs for textures for each arm) but to my knowledge that's the only one that's ever allowed it and I'm not even sure if they still do since I haven't worn Slink in ages.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:39 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

On 9/17/2018 at 11:48 AM, Severity27 said:

On 1/30/2019 at 5:11 PM, Jade Glazner said:

@LittleMe Jewell

Considering these posts and their dates .. I thought it was rather dead and buried at the time Jade made her post. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the dates before I hit the submit button. 

I was going to suggest the same thing Severity mentioned and add that with the implementation of BoM there would be another solution soon, but decided to just delete.  

Edited by Blush Bravin

Maybe you want to have a look at Omega Evolved, included in the Tonic bodies since V4.1, this is from the NC:

'Omega Evolved is here! This means that Tonic now supports appliers that can have independent left/right arm textures. This means, for example, you can have a tattoo on one arm only, or have a tattoo that is different for each arm. Woo hoo! It also means that normal or spec only ("materials") appliers are a thing now :)'

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.