Avsitter

nikita2004 Ashley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have zero knowledge on scripting but lately I come across something call the av sitter, I am keen to purchase that to convert all my poseball furniture to non poseball.  I had read about it but no experience in dealing it.  Certainly do not wish to spend linden on stuff that I am not sure how it is operate.   So I hope anyone here that has experience with avsitter and how it could be done to help me or at least guide me on things.  Also feel free to add me as friend.  I am normally available at sl time 6am. Thanks.  

There are lots of tutorials still available on code violets site and migrated to the new site.  Just search AVsitter.   There is also a very helpful inworld group.  

It's really very easy to learn from the online tutorials though  I started with the bought version and glad I did because I found the enclosed example set ups useful as a guide

Unless you know how to download the source code from GitHub and compile it, you still need to purchase it from MP (it's fully compiled and ready to go just as it always has been".

AVsitter is very good. The only other option that comes close to AVsitter is Multi-Pose System, though it uses "sit targets" (where you sit on a specific seat, for example). AV sitter keeps all the animations, scripts and kit-and-caboodle in the root prim, so anyone can sit anywhere and the order in which people sit will place them on the next "sitter" position.

I am familiar and use both. AVsitter is more flexible in many respects, though MPS is more flexible in opposite respects. Since both are not inexpensive I would recommend going with AVsitter system as it allows you to start small and get more ambitious as you learn the system. There are a few basic tutorials on video, not much and very simple, but enough to get you kick-started with concepts and understanding the basics.

It's a very good investment whether you are a creator or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.