Latest Update

AmandaHoliday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, AmandaHoliday said:

Is the send button stuck on your end? I keep getting an announcement that you've downloaded 5_1_1_512121 again. How many more times will you repeat that. It's going on for a week already, sometime twice in a day.

Check your shortcut.  It may still be pointing to the old version even though you have downloaded and installed the newer version.  There are actually a couple of threads about that around here somewhere.

• Like 4

If I had to guess (and I really do), I'd imagine that you have been trying to download Linden Lab's update 5.1.1.512121 for your viewer, but your system is jammed so that the download is never completing. Instead of using the automatic update option in Preferences, try going directly to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/5.1.1.512121 and downloading the update manually.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Check your shortcut.  It may still be pointing to the old version even though you have downloaded and installed the newer version.  There are actually a couple of threads about that around here somewhere.

That's a very good possibility. That's happened to me a few times in the past. The update installs correctly but does not automatically create a new shortcut on your start menu.  When you log in, you think you are firing up the new version but the shortcut is still pointing to the previous one.  As  soon as you log in, that old version recognizes that you need to upgrade, so it does it all over again.  The solution, as I suggested a few minutes ago, is to download and install the update manually.  That should force creation of a new shortcut. (Or you can simply go to the Program folder on your PC and create the shortcut yourself.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.