Today I learned ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I learned...

...that there can be worse things than temprezzers or breedables. You can combine them into one product ... and certain rares even interact with a certain widespread brand of scripted genitalia O.o

Thank you for my daily "What The Hell? ...WHAT?!?!?" moment :D

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

A penny for the thoughts of those poor souls who only can read the public part of the conversation - I can asure you it is far more innocent than your devious minds most likely imagine ;) the breedables in question are aphrodisiac plants

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 5

Today I learned that I have two choices if I want my malt to wear the same plastik skin as Sukubia does. Either I wait until Bakeonmesh arrives, which I do not know how long that'll take, or I'll have to pay an additional 1000L for head and body applier on top of the 1200L pricetag for the skin. Because guys only get slink hands and feet appliers. Thanks, I guess.

I'm not opposed to pay someone for the additional time of making an applier, but almost as much as the skin itself costs? I have a range of colourfull insults for that.
 /rant

Whew, now I need a cigarette.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Today I learned that I have two choices if I want my malt to wear the same plastik skin as Sukubia does. Either I wait until Bakeonmesh arrives, which I do not know how long that'll take, or I'll have to pay an additional 1000L for head and body applier on top of the 1200L pricetag for the skin. Because guys only get slink hands and feet appliers. Thanks, I guess.

I'm not opposed to pay someone for the additional time of making an applier, but almost as much as the skin itself costs? I have a range of colourfull insults for that.
 /rant

Whew, now I need a cigarette.

Is it one of the older skins? She's been including Omega appliers in the newer male skins.

1 minute ago, Clover Jinx said:

Is it one of the older skins? She's been including Omega appliers in the newer male skins.

It is, it's the Wylde/Wyldoren Skin line, that's a bit older. Female Versions already have a lot of appliers included.
I may have misunderstand something, though, it seems I'm don't really need to buy the skin AND pay for the appliers, instead can just get the appliers. I'm trying that now. I'm also trying to learn how to read.

• Like 3

That despite my divided loyalties for the next, my current distaste with Perfidious Albion put aside, that there is some sort of sports thingy going on involving balls. Also that the outcome is a foregone conclusion but in the meantime.. there is always hockey and F1 goes on =^^=

(Also my bookie woudn't take a Qatar : Russia final as even she said no, they wouldn't dare)

I don't know what all you people are on about. The only important sports news is that the San Francisco Giants are still clinging to third place, with at least a small chance to reach the playoffs. That's baseball: a game that is something like what cricket would be if Aristotle had written the rules. Nevertheless, congratulations on England's valiant victory.

Happy Independence Day to all of you and to my fellow colonials. :-)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Happy Independence Day to all of you and to my fellow colonials. :-)

Freberg's portrayal of Benjamin Franklin in that skit is historically inaccurate. Freberg probably didn't care and I don't either, it's funny. But the actual crafting of the Declaration of Independence is not without its own humor. From http://www.pbs.org/benfranklin/l3_citizen_founding.html, there's this...

Declaration of Independence
In 1776, Franklin was appointed by the Continental Congress to a committee charged with drafting a formal document to justify the colonies' decision of severing political ties with Britain. The other members of the committee included Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Robert Livingston and Roger Sherman. The committee gave Jefferson the task of writing the first draft. Franklin, although a talented writer, took a back seat in drafting the document, blaming his lack of participation on poor health. 

Jefferson sent his finished draft to Franklin for review. Franklin put on his editor's hat, but made only a few slight changes to Jefferson's prose. When the draft was submitted to Congress, however, sentence after sentence was either deleted or changed, much to the dismay of Jefferson. 

Later, Jefferson recalled a story that Franklin told him as members of Congress picked away at the draft.

"I have made a rule, whenever in my power, to avoid becoming the draughtsman of papers to be reviewed by a public body. I took my lesson from an incident which I will relate to you. When I was a journeyman printer, one of my companions, an apprentice hatter, having served out his time, was about to open shop for himself. His first concern was to have a handsome signboard, with a proper inscription. He composed it in these words, 'John Thompson, Hatter, makes and sells hats for ready money,' with a figure of a hat subjoined. But thought he would submit it to his friends for their amendments. The first he showed it to thought the word 'Hatter' tautologous, because followed by the words 'makes hats,' which showed he was a hatter. It was struck out. The next observed that the word 'makes' might as well be omitted, because his customers would not care who made the hats. If good and to their mind, they would buy them, by whomsoever made. He struck it out. A third said he thought the words 'for ready money' were useless, as it was not the custom of the place to sell on credit. Every one who purchased expected to pay. They were parted with, and the inscription now stood, 'John Thompson sells hats.' 'Sells hats!' says the next friend. 'Why, nobody will expect you to give them away. What then is the use of that word?' It was stricken out, and 'hats' followed it, the rather as there was one painted on the board. So the inscription was reduced ultimately to 'John Thompson,' with the figure of a hat subjoined."

After several drafts, Congress approved the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The actual document was not signed until August, when Benjamin Franklin signed his name along with the fifty-five other representatives of the thirteen colonies. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

... that designers notice when you buy almost their whole store. I had 4200L in gift cards for a Home and Garden store, and yesterday decided to spend a huge chunk of it after the store returned from a previous hiatus ... he just sent me a music box for being his "most loyal returning customer" ... :x

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

... that designers notice when you buy almost their whole store. I had 4200L in gift cards for a Home and Garden store, and yesterday decided to spend a huge chunk of it after the store returned from a previous hiatus ... he just sent me a music box for being his "most loyal returning customer" ... :x

TIL that everybody got one of those

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.