Today I learned ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 22/04/2018 at 6:39 AM, moirakathleen said:

I did learn yesterday, at a class I was at, that when you need to sit very quickly and there isn't anything to sit on, you can right click on any attachment you're wearing (like a mesh skirt, or your hair, etc...) and there will be a 'sit down' option of the menu which will cause you avi to sit down (same as pressing the ground sit button in your AO or viewer - but it's nice to have options). 

TIL this. And how useful. I usually get 'no place to sit here' messages, even in my own home but now I can sit anywhere. Thanks Moirakathleen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21.4.2018 at 10:39 PM, moirakathleen said:

I hadn't known this either - I will have to try this out when I get inworld. 

I did learn yesterday, at a class I was at, that when you need to sit very quickly and there isn't anything to sit on, you can right click on any attachment you're wearing (like a mesh skirt, or your hair, etc...) and there will be a 'sit down' option of the menu which will cause you avi to sit down (same as pressing the ground sit button in your AO or viewer - but it's nice to have options). 

TIL:
This is actually a not so advisable method..

It works in a moment but when I stand up I will be in a half sitting state on all following teleports until I relog O.o

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Fionalein said:

TIL:
This is actually a not so advisable method..

It works in a moment but when I stand up I will be in a half sitting state on all following teleports until I relog O.o

Hmm - I didn't have that issue when I did it.  Maybe it has something to do with what your default sit annimation is and/or the priority of it.

On 11/05/2018 at 2:25 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm - I didn't have that issue when I did it.  Maybe it has something to do with what your default sit annimation is and/or the priority of it.

I didnt have a problem either and since leaning it, have used this way of sitting a lot. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just as I've never been one for exploring in SL, I'm also not one for exploring some other things, such as Windows, and I am often be the last to know things that everyone else seems to know by default. So...

TIL that programme windows can be stretched over multiple monitors. (yes I know - everyone knew but me)

I have 2 monitors running (I had 3 with the previous computer but I can only operate 2 with the new computer), and I use 2 desktops - one for the standard stuff like the web browser, email, and such, and the other for SL and any programmes I need to be on view at the same time. Since the external script editor I was using (Sublime Text) updated, I've found it bad for SL scripts, so, on the SL desktop, I've been using the larger monitor (28") for the SL viewer and the smaller (21") for anything else I need with it. With the larger monitor I can edit the scripts in the viewer, sometimes having 2 scripts on display at the same time. But it can be a bit cramped with 2 scripts on display and the object also in view, and I wondered if I could merge the 2 monitors and spread the viewer across them. That would give me loads of space to have everything I want simultaneously on view.

A search of the web didn't turn much up on that, but it did turn something up that I hadn't yet discovered - that a programme's window can be streatched into the next monitor. So now I have the viewer occupying all of one moitor and part of the other, and I have everything simultaneously in view that I want :D

It's a bit stupid of me, I know, because I was well aware that a programme's window occupies more than one monitor for a while as you slide it from one to the other. It should have dawned on me, but it didn't :/

Edited by Phil Deakins

47 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

I wish today was the day I learned to pan around using some secret key combination and the mouse.

I see them do it on YouTube and have asked, but no-one ever answers.

Perhaps today will be that day. Pinkies crossed.

Alt + left mouse button + move mouse or only alt + cursor/pgup/pgdown for extra camera tweaking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Alt + left mouse button + move mouse or only alt + cursor/pgup/pgdown for extra camera tweaking

Hold alt down then click and hold the mouse.  Move the mouse around.  Click and hold on another object to make that object your new focus point that you spin around.

If you need to pan the camera up and down, hold the Ctrl key down as well.

It takes about 5 minutes of playing to get used to it.  Then, when you are looking at a pic on the forum you will catch yourself trying to alt+click and look at the other side. ....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Then, when you are looking at a pic on the forum you will catch yourself trying to alt+click and look at the other side. ....

Actually, once you get the hang of the camming, you'll keep trying it on all web pages, computer documents, etc...    :S

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, once you get the hang of the camming, you'll keep trying it on all web pages, computer documents, etc...    :S

And especially youtube!

(but on the other hand, if I blender solidly for a few days, I come back in world and try to move my camera with blender's camera move combos)

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.