Today I learned ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 17/03/2018 at 12:39 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

TIL, alt accounts have no connection to main accounts.

They might have if they share the same email account, I know that this is possible because I had to create another account to desperately try to contact LL over account issues and used the same email I use on my main.

• Thanks 1

TIL, new accounts can only buy US$30 in L$!  How long will this restriction be for?

This is my first Alt, I can fund it from Love’s account if needed for awhile.

*Edit* It’s both the 24-hour and the 30-day limit!!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

@Love Zhaoying

You can look at https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits/ to see  your current limits and may be able to see from that whether that amount is the 24 hour limit or the 30-day limit.  I can't seem to find documentation that lists the limits in general (links seem to just take my to view my current limits) but from reading some of the Answers posts that came up in my search for "Lindex Trading Limits", it sounds like there is a 30 day limit applicable to new accounts.  

2 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

@Love Zhaoying

You can look at https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits/ to see  your current limits and may be able to see from that whether that amount is the 24 hour limit or the 30-day limit.  I can't seem to find documentation that lists the limits in general (links seem to just take my to view my current limits) but from reading some of the Answers posts that came up in my search for "Lindex Trading Limits", it sounds like there is a 30 day limit applicable to new accounts.  

It’s both the 24-hour and the 30-day limit. Sorry, I added that to my post as an Edit but it got lost.

1 minute ago, moirakathleen said:

You'll just need to fund your alt then, for the first 30 days.  It's one way to keep your alt in line :)

Assumption being, it will go up after 30 days. 

Funny, how L$7000 used to be a lot. Now, it won’t buy a mesh avatar and head!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Assumption being, it will go up after 30 days. 

Funny, how L$7000 used to be a lot. Now, it won’t buy a mesh avatar and head!

If I remember right, it used to increase a little at a time over those 30 days -- so maybe check it again in a 5-7 days.  Once you hit the 30 day mark -- that is 30 days from date of first financial transaction, not 30 days from rez date (if they are different) - you will get your full limit.

And don't forget that if the alt is Premium, then ever Tuesday the alt will get L$300 from LL for the stipend.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

If I remember correctly, it should be ...

0 to 1 day old - $30
2 to 7 days old  $100
8 to 27 days old $300

After that there are some business tiers but anyone should be able to spend $2500 per 30 days.

And a couple of notes.  First, age is based on the first time payment info is used.  Second is that age is incremented around midnight SLT with the maintenance cycle.  So you will be 1 day old for spending limits before a full 24 hours passes.

[eta]
Let me see if I can put it in the right words.  Your limit is always a 30 day limit.  However, your 30 day limit will increase in steps over the first month.  So right now you have a 30 dollar limit over the past 30 days.  It's kind of silly since have spent zero dollars before, but the limit is on a rolling 30 day interval.  In 2 days you will have a 100 dollar limit per 30 days. Next week it will be 300 for the past 30 days. 

It is always counted for the last 30 days.  Not the next 30 days.

So right now you have a $30 limit per 30 days.  That's $30 for today and the past 29 days.  Everything you spent for the past month cannot be more than $30.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 3

On 3/12/2018 at 7:27 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

@Grumpity LindenHere's an SL lore question -- I once was able to get Oz Linden's bear by asking him this question he didn't know the answer to.

Let's say you have group fee debits turned on, and you promise your group that they will only have to pay 2L per week. How can you reimburse them if the amount goes over?

I'm assuming you would pay a group deeded object which would cause it to be added to the group's L$ balance. therefore reducing the next debit appropriately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

I'm assuming you would pay a group deeded object which would cause it to be added to the group's L$ balance. therefore reducing the next debit appropriately.

Hmm, that could in fact work. in a 300 or 400 person group, I wonder if the people chosen is the same for the week?

5 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Hmm, that could in fact work. in a 300 or 400 person group, I wonder if the people chosen is the same for the week?

in his group everyone is charged due to the amount needed each week and the number of members. that being said there would be some rounding causing some to be charged more than others and by paying into the groups funds this will also go through rounding when being sent out and may not be sent to the same people.

Just now, Hintswen Guardian said:

in his group everyone is charged due to the amount needed each week and the number of members. that being said there would be some rounding causing some to be charged more than others and by paying into the groups funds this will also go through rounding when being sent out and may not be sent to the same people.

mm, so thinking of a bad case... for a 100 linden fee, spread over 200 people... too messy.

Better off increasing each rent by L$2 a week and removing the group charge.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:50 AM, Hintswen Guardian said:

All of this is not true. The group system doesn't "pay some more than others". It pays out exactly the same to everyone. It simply saves the remainder for the next round of payments an adds it. It doesn't matter the size of the group or the fee. You can adjust the payment to the deeded object accordingly.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.