Today I learned ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bemember those eggs!  I didn't get one though cuz I wasn't me back then

On 2/14/2018 at 4:28 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

One year LL actually did give us a present about this time of year. I can't recall if it was a Premium Gift or for everyone but it was definitely an LL deal. We got...an Easter Egg! A well formed moddable egg-shaped prim. Code monkeys having fun. :-)

I got one, sized it the way I wanted, and set it to wear on head. I then spent a goodly time one night making colored eggs with Paintshop. I even wrote friend's names on a bunch with that horrible invisible wax pencil, just like RL. Next night there was a get-together and I gave out the eggs. I only have one picture left (chunks of my Photostream went south a couple of years ago) but my friend Quinn Morani who in addition to being an absolute sweetheart always took a zillion pictures, has several. Here's one. Someone else brought the wearable cows.

eggheads.PNG

On 2/14/2018 at 4:45 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

Forgot the pic I still have. I'd made an egg for Torley; he never claimed it, but I did get a bear!

ETA: this was supposed to be an edit but I biffed it.  Oh well.

egghead torley.PNG

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A while back most of the stuff related to that got messed up.  The leaderboard 'past' tab used to show more than just today.  If you didn't win the current or previous day then it shows nothing about any of your previous wins.  So, yeah, it is all messed up.

By the same token, you could have won March 3rd, but then someone else came along later and liked a bunch of posts from someone else on that day and bumped them to higher than you, thereby taking away your 'day won'.  You can always go to the Leaderboard and put in a custom date to check:  https://community.secondlife.com/leaderboard/

So far I won 3/2, 3/3, 3/4, 3/5. Just 1 “won”. Verified with custom date search that I still have lead for those dates. Kept screen shot for 3/2 and 3/5.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Started 3/2, not 3/3.

44 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

TIL: YCH, also known as an YCH Auction or Prepose auction, is a furry art term/acronym for "Your Character Here".

I had wondered why some of the stickers I post have “YCH” on one character.

F7E45C53-C07B-4D7E-87EA-256F9596BCC7.jpeg

TY, I thought it was the noise the hugee made - like "Ychhhhhhh" - as you squeezed him too hard.

• Haha 2

Today I learnt the word "Runcible", being a nonsense word, is rather hard to define.

However, the real thing I learnt was that there is mention of a "Runcible Cat" in Lear's "The Pobble Who Has No Toes"

The Pobble swam fast and well
      And when boats or ships came near him
He tinkedly-binkledy-winkled a bell
      So that all the world could hear him.
And all the Sailors and Admirals cried,
When they saw him nearing the further side,--
'He has gone to fish, for his Aunt Jobiska's
'Runcible Cat with crimson whiskers!'

Yep, I guess most people learn this in Kindergarten, I guess I missed out again!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Today I learnt the word "Runcible", being a nonsense word, is rather hard to define.

However, the real thing I learnt was that there is mention of a "Runcible Cat" in Lear's "The Pobble Who Has No Toes"

Yep, I guess most people learn this in Kindergarten, I guess I missed out again!

I only knew about runcible spoons.

• Like 3

TIL: that the word "bigwig" came from people wearing big wigs in the 18th century (the bigger the wig you wore, the bigger the wig you were) and that people wore wigs back then to hide the fact that their hair was falling out from syphilis. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

@Love Zhaoying BE CAREFUL! A couple weeks ago I plopped Jack (my rl kitty) in his carrier and told him we were going for ice cream. (We weren't) he's now walking around with a shaved butt and no bits! 

(Shave and a haircut, no bits)!! 

By coincidence, my new avatar has a shaved but and no bits!!

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.