Today I learned ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/16/2018 at 6:47 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

I think some people (Jeny and Aislin) are talking about what in the Netherlands is called "drop". Licorice that comes in a variety of types but almost all, I believe, are both black and salty. Somewhere I read in some novel about a character with a passion for drop, and I thought it sounded interesting. I remembered seeing a place that advertised Dutch foods up in the Bay Area (as in San Francisco Bay), so I drove up there one Saturday. Sure enough,  there was a big long aisle of drop, all different. I told the clerk (a very beautiful woman somewhere between 35 and 45, I'd guess) that I wanted to try salted licorice and she picked out a bag for me.

I actually sort of liked it, although not enough to go buy more. I took the bag to work, where cookies and candy left on the coffee counter tends to vaporize quickly. I finally had to throw the bag in the trash after a week or so. One or two people were able to choke it down frowning, a few took one bite and spit it into the nearest wastebasket, gagging and yelling at me, and the rest were too chicken to try it. :-)

That is exactly where I had my first one! 

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

TIL a bug on the forum, the “You won the day!” feature maybe only counts 1 win until someone else wins. My profile showed I won the day 3/3, 3/4, and now 3/5 but still shows “days won: 1”. Maybe I should only post every other day!

A while back most of the stuff related to that got messed up.  The leaderboard 'past' tab used to show more than just today.  If you didn't win the current or previous day then it shows nothing about any of your previous wins.  So, yeah, it is all messed up.

By the same token, you could have won March 3rd, but then someone else came along later and liked a bunch of posts from someone else on that day and bumped them to higher than you, thereby taking away your 'day won'.  You can always go to the Leaderboard and put in a custom date to check:  https://community.secondlife.com/leaderboard/

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Unless I missed something, I did - for 3/3, 3/4, 3/5.

Yeah, but it never shows anything more than current or prev day on your profile page -- and apparently never counts more than that either.

If you check my profile, it shows nothing about days won, yet I have won lots of them in the past.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.