Today I learned ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:
7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There’s an old thing where someone answers, “there’s ain't nobody here but us chickens”. It can be applied in most situations.

Here, let me fix that for you.

Wouldn't that technically be "[A]in't nobody..." Just Saying LOL

31 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Along about 2007 or 2008, a large group from The Forum Cartel put on chicken suits and invaded Caledon.

They were not happy about it and made us get the flock out of there.

I vaguely remember that -- Mo posted a picture a while back, for some reason or another.

10 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Link or it didn't happen.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yeah, I wanna see pictures of big co..chickens.

Maybe later today, I'll go searching for the post.   Or better yet, just ping Mo to re-post the picture.  I didn't take part, so I don't have any pictures of my own.

I remembered that there are probably pics on Mo's Flickr.  Here are 2 that were specifically taken in Caledon, but there are a few others in the series from that one Chicken Run that folks did.

Chickens waiting for the train in Caledon

Maureen and Macha ride the rails in Caledon

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Add links to pics
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2019 at 10:45 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Along about 2007 or 2008, a large group from The Forum Cartel put on chicken suits and invaded Caledon.

They were not happy about it and made us get the flock out of there.

I came along too late for that one, alas. The first Forum Cartel "invasion" I took part in was a field trip to Bukkake Bliss. 😂

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe later today, I'll go searching for the post.   Or better yet, just ping Mo to re-post the picture.  I didn't take part, so I don't have any pictures of my own.

I remembered that there are probably pics on Mo's Flickr.  Here are 2 that were specifically taken in Caledon, but there are a few others in the series from that one Chicken Run that folks did.

Chickens waiting for the train in Caledon

Maureen and Macha ride the rails in Caledon

Those are BIG co..chickens!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Today I learned how to do a U-turn 😎

And also that I'm 💩 at signalling and checking my mirrors without sliding towards the kerb  🥺

As long as you drive better in RL than most of us drive in SL you should be ok.  👍

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

As long as you drive better in RL than most of us drive in SL you should be ok.  👍

True!  At least I don't have to worry about ending up in the sea, sitting 100m above my crashed car 🐙

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Today I learned - If I open multiple scripts at the same time (select scripts in object, right-click "Open")...

..they open in a tabbed window!

(Official Linden Viewer)

Love ... please .. set up an external editor, VSCode is really good for LSL, especially bigger projects

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Love ... please .. set up an external editor, VSCode is really good for LSL, especially bigger projects

I've used Visual Studio for perhaps 26 years (and before it was called VS for about 10 years). I'm heavily resisting VS Code.

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've used Visual Studio for perhaps 26 years (and before it was called VS for about 10 years). I'm heavily resisting VS Code.

I don't like Visual Studio at all .. VS Code is a whole different adventure. I've been round the houses with different editors over the years and honestly, VS Code just nails it for about everything I care to edit, especially with it being cross platform.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I don't like Visual Studio at all .. VS Code is a whole different adventure. I've been round the houses with different editors over the years and honestly, VS Code just nails it for about everything I care to edit, especially with it being cross platform.

Sure then, thanks! I'll try it based on your recommendation. I've had MSDN discounts through work for years, but don't usually take advantage. (I only code LSL for fun, and try to avoid non-work programming otherwise.)

I suppose, some of my reluctance in trying VS Code, is due to some legacy predecessors being "command line only". For example: unless I'm doing something on Raspberry Pi (my only Xnix machines), I won't be using command-line GIT.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.