Mini map loading slowly

MIVIMEX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! I have a question. Whether it is possible to accelerate loading of the next regions on a mini map.  I play at a low settings and a small drawing range. So the mini map helps me a lot. The fact is that when I'm flying on an airplane or sailing on a boat, neighboring regions are appearing very slowly. in most cases they become visible on "radar" only when I approach the border. But I would like to know in advance what lies ahead of me, because I often crash into the shore. It's not very convenient to open the map of the world every time, especially at high speed. Thanks for any help!

P.S. By the way, how many regions can show a mini map at the same time?

Edited by MIVIMEX

2 answers to this question

Your draw distance determines how much shows on the minimap. With a short draw distance you won't see much of the next region until you get close enough for the region to be within draw distance. I don't know of any way to speed up the process other than increasing your draw distance.

With my draw distance set to 1024 meters I could get 36 regions in the minimap with the map zoomed out as far as possible.

• Thanks 1

Par's given you the answer.  But I have some additional thoughts on traveling by vehicle...

• Increase your draw distance.  You need to be able to see where you are going!  I like to have mine at about 250m or so.
  • Open the main Map, not the mini-map.  
  • If you click on your destination on the main Map, you'll see a red arrow in world, pointing to that location (even if it is many regions away).  When you get closer, a red vertical beam will appear, further highlighting your destination.  These aids can be great in keeping on course, but they will not show obstacles in your way.  For example, the straight line route may be across a Void area.  In cases like this, head for an intermediate destination first, then click on the Map again to highlight your next waypoint.  By using beacons, you don't need to leave your map at full size while you're traveling.
  • Get a device like the "Ban Line and Parcel Full" HUD to show you hazards to navigation before you actually run into them.
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.