Maitreya skin problem

mothersofpearls

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone. Thanks for taking a look at my post.

So I am new to using the Maitreya Lara body. I think I understand how the body HUD works for the most part and I am happy with the shape of my body, it's just my skin is all wonky? My skin is totally uneven and I have no idea how to fix it. I thought that the skin I used on my system body would work on this body, so I didn't bother to look for new skins to go with my new body. I don't mind looking for new ones compatible with Maitreya, but I have no idea where to look, or if my problem will even be resolved by simply using a new skin. What do you think?

Here is the way my skin looks now. Truly, I'm baffled:

k1.thumb.png.b372fcd0b1daa4e061cad9d9ebded75b.png

k1_002.png

k1_001.png

Edited by mothersofpearls

First, you have breakthrough of your default body through the mesh. You should have a full body alpha n the Maitreya folder that you need to wear. Next, you do have to apply a texture for the skin to yours body. The Maitreya hud has skins built in that are Glam Affair skins, so you can use those and then get a Glam Affair skin since you are using your default (standard) head rather than a mesh (FYI if you decide decide to get a mesh head, the Lelutka also comes with the Glam Affair skins). 

Now if your skins come from any other creator, you will need to get the applier that matches it. The skin you have for your default body won't work on the mesh bodies. Your body is an attachment, just like a skirt or pants so you have to have a separate applier. You can get one specifically for the Maitreya body but many designers are making Omega appliers.

Omega is a system that allows the one applier to work on most of the mesh bodies in SL so makes things easier for the designers. You can get the relay for Omega for your body at https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-Maitreya/6709966. That will allow you to use Omega appliers for skin, tattoos and clothing.

Demo your skins. Demos are your best friend. Also be sure that you get a system skin so you can wear it with your system head. Some designers include the system body skin, some you have to buy separately. Demo, demo, demo. 

Now, if you do need to buy a skin, I'd suggest you head over to Lumae. Her group is about 10L but you can get one of the group gifts, which is complete, and get that and wait a few weeks while your demoing. The yearly skin fair, an expo where most of the skin creators put out new stuff, usually discounts some. 

If you need anymore help, http://meshbodyaddicts.com has a lot of tutorial and info. There is also the Omega Support Group where you can get a lot of help as well.

Good Luck and welcome to the world of mesh

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.