Stopping a downgrade from Premium to Basic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I thought I wanted to downgrade to Basic, but now have changed my mind.  There doesn't seem to be any mechanism for reversing this process other than through Support, but Chat is apparently unavailable and my anniversary is on 2/25.  Meanwhile, I found a piece of land that I want to buy, buy am restricted because of this ongoing downgrade.  Is there some actual way to access Chat or Support to reverse this process?  It seems like it should be easy.  Should I just submit a ticket and wait?  I'm afraid I'll miss being able to buy my land.  What's with the Chat client?

57 minutes ago, Crofoot Brautigan said:

What's with the Chat client?

Live Chat is available for Premium customers from 5am to 3pm PST every day. Note, however, that Live Chat may be unavailable on your computer if you have an active popup blocker.

• One common way to bypass pop-up blockers is to hold down the Control (Ctrl) key as you click on a link           
  • If that doesn't work, then you might need to temporarily disable or add an exception to your pop-up blocker            
  • You can find more information on how to disable your pop-up blocker by various browser types and configurations here.

If you cannot reach Live Chat during working hours, even after disabling your popup blocker, then by all means submit a Support Case. That category of support cases is generally handled within 24 hours.

In any case, your request to downgrade will be shown as "pending" until the end of the period that you have currently paid for.  You cannot buy Mainland property as long as you are in "pending" status, but you have all of your other Premium benefits. You may also rent property anywhere.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, iamyourneighbour said:
1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Re-subscribing to a premium membership ought to do it, no?

Was thinking that lol

Not really.  Your current membership is still active, just "pending" downgrade.  If you sign up for a second Premium membership, you will be paying double for the period between now and when your "pending" membership expires.  Since you can cancel the downgrade with a simple call to Live Chat or an almost equally simple Support Case, there's no need to have a double Premium membership going, even for a short period.  You don't get any extra benefits, you just send money down a hole.

Thanks to all for your replies.  I have submitted a ticket and will explore disabling any pop-up blocker I may have on Firefox.  I guess there's still plenty of time if the powers that be adjudicate and act within a day or so (for my land deal).  I would think one could back out a little more easily, but also understand that nothing is simple anymore.

• Like 2

Oddly,  not only can't I buy land (even though I'm technically a Premium account), but I can't access any type of Help normally reserved for Premium members - even online Help.  Going to the support page from my Dashboard, I described my problem in the Search widow, only to get an Error message (see below).  Good thing I submitted a ticket yesterday, but so far not a peep.

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.

That is very odd indeed.  If you haven't done it already, try using a different web browser, as Bitsy suggested. You might also try logging in from a different physical location -- a friend's house or a coffee shop -- on the theory that there may be something wrong with the Internet connection at your place.

I was using Firefox, so tried on Safari, as you suggested.  I got the same error message.  I assure you, there's nothing wrong with my internet connection.  I've been in Sl for many years, and never had any connection issues.  I feel quite strongly that this is happening because of my downgrade request.  The only time I get blocked is when I request  Search Support or Chat Support.  Anyway, for various reasons, it's impractical for me to change locations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.