messed up my UI

s3k5hun8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I messed up my UI settings, and now the standard HUD takes up most of the screen, and some other HUDs don't even fit on the screen. I can't reset it because more than half of the settings goes off the screen when i try to fix it. So now when ever i log on to SL i just see a big HUD and i can't do anything about it. Any way to fix this?

Second Life 2018_02_11 12_08_34.png

Edited by s3k5hun8

7 answers to this question

Try this:

Start up your viewer but do NOT log in to SL.  While you are at the login screen, click on "Debug" in the upper left corner of the screen and then select "Debug Settings".  Type in UIScaleFactor.  You'll see this:

0caacb9ac622c641292a8a4989445724.png

Click the "Reset to Default" button, which should reset the value to 1.000 from whatever you accidentally set it to yourself. Then you may log in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yay, Rolig!  On the ball as always.  I would only add, dear Section8, that a "HUD" is a device that attaches to your screen...like the controls for an AO, or a clothing texture applier for example.  What you are calling your HUD is more properly called the User Interface, or UI...that is, all the buttons and windows that are native to the viewer.

55 minutes ago, s3k5hun8 said:

It seems not to be there

Aha. That's because you haven't activated the Advanced menu in your viewer (CTRL + Alt + D). You won't be able to do that until the next time you actually log in, though. No worry. For now, instead of using the Debug Setting, use the suggestion that Aquila Kytori gave you in your other thread >>

You can reach your Preference settings from the login screen by clicking on Me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.