furniture HELP!!!

EXCAL1BUR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, EXCAL1BUR said:

ok I can't figure out how to place furniture and get it to stop hovering, and stay where I want it... anyone?

Edit the furniture (right click, edit) and you'll see colored arrows.  Use the up/down set (should be blue) to move the object up and down - the other colors will move the object side-to-side and forward-backward.  In the upper left of that Edit box, there is also a Rotate radio button. If you click that, the arrows change to colored circles which you can use to rotate objects.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, EXCAL1BUR said:

ok I can't figure out how to place furniture and get it to stop hovering, and stay where I want it... anyone?

Placing furniture: drag it from inventory and drop it on the floor somewhere.

Once you have ti out, right click it and "Edit."

In edit move, use the arrows to move it around including up and down -- drag it down to stop the hover effect.

Close the edit window when you have it where you want it.

Also:  Take a look at this.  It might help.

• Like 2

'Sticking to you' like you're wearing them on your hand or arm?   If that's the case, find the item in your inventory for the furniture set,  right click it and select 'detach from yourself' from the pop-up menu.

After getting it off of yourself, try rezzing it again, but when you drop it onto the floor, pick a spot in the house, but not too close to your avatar.   If it rezzes a set of furniture all together, once you've gotten it put out on the floor, you should be able to select edit for individual pieces, and then move that piece to where you want it to be. 

ok so the bedroom set that all came together worked and it's where it's supposed to be, now I'm trying another item that you have to right click on separately,  and when I right click, I only have the options of wear, add, or add to HUD, nothing I can see lets me just put it on the floor and move it. when I use the edit feature to move it where I want it, and then x out of the edit box, it hovers and follows me around as I move

15 minutes ago, EXCAL1BUR said:

ok so the bedroom set that all came together worked and it's where it's supposed to be, now I'm trying another item that you have to right click on separately,  and when I right click, I only have the options of wear, add, or add to HUD, nothing I can see lets me just put it on the floor and move it. when I use the edit feature to move it where I want it, and then x out of the edit box, it hovers and follows me around as I move

you skipped the fundamental first steps for building and rezzing on SL. And you make it more difficult than it is :)

simply left clikc the item in your inventory, keep it selected and drag your mouse to the point on the floor you want to place it, and release the button

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EXCAL1BUR said:

when I use the edit feature to move it where I want it, and then x out of the edit box, it hovers and follows me around as I move

Because you’re still wearing it. You are still dragging it to your avatar, or you are choosing to wear or attach it. You must choose detach. Then selected and drag it directly to the floor as advised. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EXCAL1BUR said:

thank you so much everyone... cookin with gas now

Just one important point to add. If you move an item by dragging, make absolutely sure you are clicking exactly on one of the three arrows. Linden Lab did everything they could think of to make object editing window as difficult as possible for newcomers and they included traps that can cause your object to fly off in all kinds of crazy directions if you click on the wrong spot. I run a few rentals myself and you won't believe all the crazy places I find my renters' lost furniture in! It's easy if you're aware of it, the arrow your cursor is pointing at will change size. Look for that and you'll be fine.

It's the same principle when you rotate an object. Click exactly on one of the three circles and not under any circumstance as much as a pixel outside them.

Edited by ChinRey
Correcting typos
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2018 at 4:46 PM, Pamela Galli said:

Because you’re still wearing it. You are still dragging it to your avatar, or you are choosing to wear or attach it. You must choose detach. Then selected and drag it directly to the floor as advised. 

You never know, wearing furniture may become a fad!

EFE69291-B08C-43FB-87F8-38521906028A.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.