Animating Physics bones?

JackRipper666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I was just curious. I've seen animated boobs and butts that you can smack with a script lol. An wondering is this being done by animating the Physic's bones or collision bones do they call it? I didn't think maybe this was possible. Before I try it with Avastar I just wanted to know if this is what is being done.

Thanks for any help!

4 hours ago, JackRipper666 said:

I didn't think maybe this was possible.

Indeed, it doesn't work as you think. The physics enabled bones are the BUTT (disabled on the male avatar) and the pectoral ones (for the breasts). You can enable them using a physics shape body part to determine how those physics are going to affect those bones, but then it's all a matter of being physically animated in response to your avatar's movements, both from animation and actual controller. There's no script involved. As odd as it sounds, not even collisions would trigger any movement on the collision volume bones, unless that collision moves the avatar as a whole. The initial actual purpose of collision volume bones wasn't even for fitted mesh, go figure...

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Indeed, it doesn't work as you think. The physics enabled bones are the BUTT (disabled on the male avatar) and the pectoral ones (for the breasts). You can enable them using a physics shape body part to determine how those physics are going to affect those bones, but then it's all a matter of being physically animated in response to your avatar's movements, both from animation and actual controller. There's no script involved. As odd as it sounds, not even collisions would trigger any movement on the collision volume bones, unless that collision moves the avatar as a whole. The initial actual purpose of collision volume bones wasn't even for fitted mesh, go figure...

Well what I'm after is, say I wanted to animate the breast and butt area's so it jiggles when you click on the breasts or butt. I've already seen this done from other creators. I don't know if like a touch script, inside an invisible prim sitting in front of the beasts and a simple jiggle animation to make the boobs bounce would work when you click it. So wouldn't animating them actually work? Or are you saying these bones can't be animated? I'm not sure what you mean by physically animated Optimo. Do you mean like the avatar sitting down on a prim you then shake that prim using the manipulator build tools in SL and with your avatar sitting on the prim and a physic's body part on it then triggers the physic's bones to bounce. I get it to bounce this way and I can by making it fall from the sky and also happens when I stop running. I'm not sure if I will actually use this but I gotta say it's pretty funny and I might try it now that we have Bento lol. So it's more or less being able to control these area's with a touch script.

Edited by JackRipper666

18 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Thank you.  I will add that to the list of scripts that I promise not to write, along with tummy talkers.  O.o

lol! No worries Rolig I respect your professionalism. I do admire your dedication here. I've seen you posting for quite sometime! Amazing you have 33k posts!:D

Edited by JackRipper666

1 hour ago, JackRipper666 said:

So wouldn't animating them actually work?

Animating the joint is possible, but the bouncy effect is a physics simulation based on the avatar movements and they are two different things. This perhaps may work with something like llApplyImpulse to push the avatar and cause the physics to move the bouncy joints.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Animating the joint is possible, but the bouncy effect is a physics simulation based on the avatar movements and they are two different things. This perhaps may work with something like llApplyImpulse to push the avatar and cause the physics to move the bouncy joints.

Oh ok I understand now. Thanks Optimo!

• 1 year later...

You're all looking into it way to deep. It's much simpler then you really think it is. I've created such "animations" It is nothing more than an animation playing, moving selected bento bones. That is all there is to it.

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.