Is there any way to hide my profile completely in search, not just my online status?

Sami Tharnaby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there any way to hide my profile completely in search, not just my online status?  There is this girl who is writing abusive things in her profile about me and while I am about to report her, I would like to hide my profile from others until this is over.  It has got to the point where I have left all my groups and only have a select few on my friends list.  I just dont want all her mates looking me up and giving me grief too. 

5 answers to this question

Of course. In viewer 2.6 edition, open your profile --> Privacy Settings --> Set all parts there shared information only to your friends. Do it at each part separately (About me, Real World, Interests, Groups, Picks).

In addtion: Menu Me --> Preferences --> Privacy tab --> Unselect  "Show me in search results". Also in the same tab you can select if you wish: a) "Only friends and groups know i am online and b)Only friends and groups can call or IM me

• Like 1

Sami Tharnaby wrote:

Is there any way to hide my profile completely in search, not just my online status?  There is this girl who is writing abusive things in her profile about me and while I am about to report her, I would like to hide my profile from others until this is over.  It has got to the point where I have left all my groups and only have a select few on my friends list.  I just dont want all her mates looking me up and giving me grief too. 

Good grief, Sami, that's a nasty situation to be in. I have had this happen to me just the once too.  Unfortunately, even if you hide your status or select the option to not have your profile show up in searches, anyone who uses tracking devices and some of the third party viewers will always be able to see your online status.

I do advise you to submit an Abuse Report if this person does give you any harrassment - and if she is writing slanderous remarks in her profile, that does count as harrassment.  

On no account must you retaliate verbally or otherwise. This will only put you in the wrong also (but I can tell you are already sensible enough to know this). Make use of the mute button so she cannot speak to you again, and also if any of her friends try to harrass you too, mute them.

If you liked being in those groups that you have felt you've had to leave because of this, please rejoin them. If this person or her friends try to cause trouble for you in groups, they will fail and be removed from the groups.  People generally do not like childhood dramas and bullying played out in groups.

This will blow over, as long as you don't feed the fire.

Then you can put it down to experience and move on.

I wish you lots of luck.

• Like 2

To add to what LoveAngel said. Be advised that it will only hide your profile from people using V2 and not from anybody who is using a TPV that is still viewer 1.2x. So in reality there is really no way to do it unless you delete your account entirely. Just AR the person and I'm sure things will settle down in no time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.